This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Development Officer
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 03/02/2012
Categories: Fundraising - Hospitality
Job Type: Full-Time
Dynamic nonprofit with a mission to serve those in need seeks an experienced fundraising professional to join their organization as a Chief Development Officer.
To increase financial support, community awareness, understanding, perception, and involvement of Phoenix Rescue Mission. Design, implement and actively participate in fundraising programs for major gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns, direct mail and special events. Maximize the full potential of public relations and media contacts for the benefit of the Mission. Maintain knowledge of the Mission's programs, services, financial needs, strategy and governance.
• Develop and maintain a strategic plan for all aspects of development and public relations efforts; evaluate results and report progress to President.
• Supervise and assist with all in-house activities related to direct mail program, including both donor cultivation and new donor acquisition.
• Supervise and actively participate in all major gift development activities, including work with individuals, corporations, foundations and churches.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, selected corporations and foundations by building long-term relationships through personal visits, phone and written correspondence.
• Cultivate relationship with PRM Board of Director Relationship to encourage participation and giving.
• Develop and implement planned giving program by building awareness among existing and prospective individual donors of planned gift options and benefits.
• Coordinate capital campaign planning and execution as directed by the President.
• Serve as Mission liaison with any consultants engaged to assist development efforts.
• Approve and monitor Mission involvement with special fundraising projects sponsored by interested groups or individuals.
• Supervise and actively participate with all public relations, media relations, branding and marketing efforts to enhance community awareness, involvement, and financial support of Phoenix Rescue Mission.
• Coordinate donor research to assist in the acquisition of major gifts.
• Coordinate and monitor records and files necessary to track the progress of key donors and comply with all reporting and legal requirements.
• Actively participate in Senior Leadership Team and Mission meetings and functions, attend Board and other assigned meetings as requested.
• Develop personal and team knowledge and skills to increase effectiveness.
• Based on available budget, attend job related seminars and conferences to enhance employee's job knowledge and skills to increase work-related effectiveness.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized 4 year College or University. An advanced degree is preferred in fields related to fund raising and business administration.
• 10 years of practical experience in “hands on” work in philanthropy and or the fund raising field of work.
• CRE certified preferred
• 5 years of successful record of accomplishment in fund raising.
• A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
• Agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Phoenix Rescue Mission.
• A command of all Microsoft Office, Raisers Edge, and other applications used by the mission.
• Professional manner, appearance and communications.
• Flexible schedule
• Should have a strong commitment to Christian Biblical principles and methods.
Qualifed, interested applicants should email their resume to: