This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lead Producer/Media Director
Explore God Network
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/22/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The e3 Foundation is seeking a Lead Producer/Media Director with demonstrated management and varied video production skills and knowledge, ability to generate and execute on innovative visual concepts, and experience overseeing the production of simultaneous video projects.
The e3 Foundation is a non-profit Christian foundation committed to leveraging technology and media to share the gospel in relevant ways and advance God's kingdom around the globe. We believe in the power of a good media/film piece to impact someone to the core. We believe that faith and intellect are inseparable. Our desire is to engage cultures through both the heart and mind with authentic and compelling media.
The Lead Producer/Media Director will play an important role in shaping the visual and media identity of ExploringGod.com and other projects and initiatives. For more information about the e3 Foundation, please visit the website, www.e3-Foundation.com.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and oversight to the e3 media team.
• Develop creative media pieces to complement the ExploringGod.com website.
• Manage the production of all e3 video projects. Work collaboratively with the existing media team, CEO and COO to ensure each project is put through the production process. This includes appropriate sign-offs/approvals, budgets, roles & responsibilities.
• Manage third party vendors and staff in a cost effective manner to be a good steward of e3 Foundation resources. Manage budgets and costs effectively and provide adequate updates on any significant variances from approved budgets.
• Provide monthly updates to the exploringGod.com team (monthly team meeting) and bi-monthly updates to the CEO & COO.
• Work with CEO and COO to recruit and hire any new in-house production team members necessary to produce high level, culturally engaging media/film content.
• Work with management to explore and execute on ways to curate content from other ministries/partners.
• Work to develop strategies to cost effectively supplement content from independent film makers via film festivals, networking or other creative means.
• Coordinate closely with written content, social media and technology teams to ensure consistency where appropriate and to establish integrated execution calendars.
• Heart and passion for evangelism and how to use media to engage culture in Exploring God.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Required Professional Skills
• Extensive experience with creating and developing video content. This includes experience with all levels of production (concept/development, pre-production, production, & post production processes).
• A broad portfolio of content samples including commercial, short-form and long-form documentary and narrative work with evidence of strong storytelling ability
• 5-7 years production experience minimum.
• Organization and management skills under a number of projects/initiatives.
Preferred Professional Skills
• Creativity in engaging culture with content/media
• Good stewardship and budgeting experience
• Proficient in Mac as well as Microsoft Office Suite
• Avid editing experience is a PLUS
• B.S. or B.A. degree
• Must be creative and collaborative; able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to production staff.
• Ability to multitask with excellent organization skills, quick turnaround, and extreme attention to detail
• Experienced in delivering projects within tight deadlines and budgetary restrictions.
• Strong intuition and communication skills; understands design, messaging, and segmentation to successfully reach diverse target audiences
• Positive outlook, highly motivated, with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Willingness to work with and embrace the ideas and direction of others
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with a team and also independently
This is full-time, salaried position with benefits. To apply, send a resume as well as links to your portfolio to James Rinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Lead Producer” in the email subject line.