This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Traffic Director for Salem Radio Houston
Salem Media Group
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/21/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
TRAFFIC DIRECTOR for SALEM RADIO HOUSTON
Salem Radio Houston serves Christian-formatted and general market news/talk stations through affiliate partnerships. We offer some of the most dynamic and compelling programming you will hear anywhere; NewsTalk, Teach-Talk and Business Talk station in Houston are 100.7 FM KKHT, 170 AM KNTH and 1110 AM KTEK.
The Traffic Director receives commercial “traffic” instructions from advertising agencies, clients and the station’s Account Executives, matches them up with audio files (commercials), then assigns a media number, arranges for their production and enters the information into the ENCO traffic system. It is a critically important position as station revenue is derived from the correct airing of commercials. The Traffic Director works closely with the Business Manager, Sales Department and Production staff.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Entering all copy in traffic software and completing paperwork for production
• Ensure all commercial copy complies with broadcast standards and practices
• Keep accurate records of all copy / instructions for a simple audit trail
• Reconcile commercial logs daily
• Generate daily commercial logs and distribute necessary inventory and ad campaign reports.
• Prepare monthly broadcast affidavits
• Traffic and manage terrestrial and stream logs, review/approve new orders, process order revisions, and handle weekly Network spot loads.
• Perform daily sell out analysis and inventory optimizations.
• Be on point to troubleshoot any campaign/creative issues that affect tracking, implementation, or reporting.
• Liaise with sales, account management, production, on air staff and business management teams on all issues relating to campaign delivery/performance, commercial spots and order entry.
• Assist Business Manager as required
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be detail oriented.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Previous experience in ad sales and/or traffic management is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced, rapidly-changing environment.
• Knowledge of Marketron & Deltaflex traffic systems & ENCO Automation system a plus
Interested candidates should send resume to Scott VanPelt at email@example.com or call 713-260-3600. No Faxes.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportuntiy Employer.