This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
National Director of Human Resources
Arrow Child & Family Ministries
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/20/2012
Categories: Human Resources - Management
Job Type: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Review, Maintain and update as needed the ACFM Corporate policies and procedures to ensure consistency with ACFM mission and compliance with federal laws including but not limited to benefits, employee relations, harassment, employee complaints, and discrimination.
• Ensure site specific P&P complies with Corporate P&P to ensure agreement and consistency among all entities
• Design and maintain consistency of the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and termination processes throughout all of ACFM
• Provide leadership in the critical area of recruitment by developing the most creative and cost-effective ways of generating high-quality candidates in the marketplace.
• Responsible for advising management to ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, employment and training.
• Advise management regarding all employee terminations and ensure consistent process is followed nationally
• Responsible for wage and salary administration.
• Conducts random audits of Regional HR files and processes.
• Administers substance abuse policy and works with Regional HR Managers to ensure timeliness and accuracy of drug test administration.
• Responsible for Reporting and Analysis of data, trends, and patterns of Employee data to Senior Leadership
• Responsible for building a consistent Compensation Structure of uniformity through research and historical content in order to produce an effective salary structure for all states in which ACFM operates.
• Oversees all Personnel Forms for ACFM and ensures legal compliance and overall ACFM consistency
• Serves as the Plan Administrator for ACFM and Benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Retirement, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Workers Compensation.
Responsible for increased training and awareness of benefit offerings and utilization while exploring and implementing new initiatives being offered to maximize benefit coverage while reducing cost.
Leverage Resources by working with Brokers and vendors to increase 403B enrollment and participation as well as the reduction of Worker’s Compensation claims through effective management of claim losses and proper education and awareness.
• Serves as Human Resource Information System Administrator in order to design and maintain process tracking and consistency among all Human Resources.
• Work with HR staff to oversee organizational development, employee relations and communications, salary benchmarking, and benefits.
• Develop and implement retention programs.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
• Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
• Develop programs to allow ACFM to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
• Responsible for staying current of all Federal and State Employment Law and providing support to Regional HR Employees.
Must ensure compliance with Department of Labor and Human Resource Code as well EEOC
Must ensure compliance with federal and state regulations regarding benefits, compensation, and legal matters.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Responsible for advising management to ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, employment and training. Remain current with changes in human resource and employment law and manage company relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
• Serve as primary contact with outside counsel regarding employment matters and dispute resolutions.
• Serve as internal consultant to agency management team, supervisors and employees on human resource issues that affect performance and business relationships.
• Select, develop, evaluate and lead a team of human resource professionals with a goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive internal consulting group.
• Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by the leadership of agency.
• Manage the resources of the human resources department to maximize work flow and productivity, and establish departmental priorities to ensure goals are achieved. Direct the preparation and maintenance of reports that are necessary to carry out functions of the department.
• Provide leadership in the critical area of recruitment and retention by developing the most creative and cost-effective ways of generating high-quality candidates. Develop long-term relationships with organizations and individuals that will enhance the talent pipeline flow toward the agency.
• Develop a new employee orientation program that emphasizes the importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the agency culture (with emphasis on agency mission and company policies). Coordinate job training with position supervisor to ensure beneficial starting experience for new employees.
• Oversee employee benefit programs including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, supplemental medical, 403(b) plan, wellness, and Paid Time off (PTO) and (ETO).
• Oversee personnel record keeping and compliance related to new hires, employee performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, separations and exit interviews.
• Responsible for wage and salary administration, with particular emphasis on compliance with annual salary budget.
Directly supervises Regional Human Resource Managers and indirectly supervises other Human Resource support staff including HR Generalists and Assistants in an administrative and legal Human Resource capacity. This position also oversees corporate office reception and unification strategies and events.