This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Coordinator, Human Resources, South Sudan (1071)
Juba, Central Equatoria, Sudan
Date Posted: 02/16/2012
Categories: Human Resources - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Juba, South Sudan - Coordinate and administer the Human Resource (HR) function for the specific field projects in Unity State implemented by Samaritan's Purse (SP) in South Sudan. This should be done in a mature and responsible manner so as to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of personal information of the staff and of the SP payroll.
• Ensure that proper HR procedures and systems are operated and maintained at all project locations in Unity State and ensure that the office is in compliance with the Sudan labor laws, SP policies and all relevant authorities.
• Assist the HR Manager with updating the HR manual and interpreting and training managers and staff on procedures, policies and guidelines indicated in the HR manual.
• Assist in the development and implementation strategy for HR management and development including but not limited to recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal, compensation and benefits and quality management issues.
• Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the government and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Unity State in the field of HR.
• Provide guidance on legal HR issues.
• Plan for employee’s performance appraisal and develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
• Liaise with various field sites in Unity State so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements.
• Assist in the maintenance and accurately prepare the monthly payroll for Unity State and ensure compliance with tax laws of South Sudan.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Human Resources Management, Communication, or related field; AND one to two years related experience and/or training in HR Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of Sudan labor laws is highly preferred
• Excellent skills in problem solving and conflict resolution, crisis management and training facilitation.
• Ability to work well within a team and build positive team spirit.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and work under pressure in a cross-cultural environment.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.