This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Base Manager, South Sudan (1070)
Juba, Central Equatoria, Sudan
Date Posted: 02/16/2012
Categories: Hospitality - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Juba, South Sudan - The Base Manager will ensure a smooth functioning base, comprised of one office building and two guesthouses at the Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Juba Country Office.
• Supervise secretary and help him/her run office operations smoothly.
• Schedule and chair morning devotions.
• Ensure city power for office and guest houses are fully charged on regular basis.
• Liaise with head cook and caterer to oversee menu planning and to ensure accommodation and meals are arranged for visitors and residents of the guesthouses.
• Supervise the maintenance needed at the guesthouse in case of damages/and or repairs.
• Supervising the cleanliness/tidiness of the guesthouses.
• Ensure lunch is brought to the office in a timely fashion for staff to have lunch together.
• Oversee water supply at the guesthouses and request when needed.
• Reconcile water delivery books and receipts at the end of every month and process payment to vendors.
• Act as liaison with the housekeeping company for changes/improvements to service.
• Help operations manager identify capacity building opportunities for staff.
• Make sure airport pickups and accommodation arrangement at the guesthouse is taken care of by the secretary.
• Oversee accommodation arrangements, meal and hygiene of the guesthouse and office with the secretary.
• Assist Senior Operations Manager to compile base budget.
• Keep track of lease agreement payment and lease notices.
• Ensure that international staff live in a comfortable living space conducive to productivity and relaxation and endeavor to do everything possible to accomplish this.
• Assume other duties assigned by Senior Operations Manager.
• Maintaining Christian witness to the communities.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Background or experience in hospitality management, food service, logistics, or related field
• Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties involved in Juba base operations.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate activities while building and maintaining positive working relationships.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.