This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 02/13/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The PCA Foundation (PCAF) is a full-service charitable financial services provider and an Agency of the Presbyterian Church in America. The PCAF’s office is located near Sugarloaf Parkway and I-85 in northeast Atlanta. The purpose of the PCAF is to use its assets for the support of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, made possible by providing to God’s people charitable financial services, enabling them to carry out their charitable desires and stewardship responsibilities.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Business Manager and is responsible for the PCAF’s day to day accounting functions, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
Summary of Position Responsibilities
• Responsible for the complete monthly and annual accounting closing process (journal entries, accruals, GL account reconciliations, bank and investment statement reconciliations, financial and donor statements, etc).
• Preparation of materials for the annual financial audit.
• Preparation of management reports and creation of ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Responsible for Accounts Payable, including preparation of 1099-Misc forms.
• Responsible for Payroll, including preparation of federal and state quarterly payroll returns.
• Performs documentation and communication of accounting policies and procedures.
• Assists PCAF staff, donors, and financial representatives as needed.
• Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed.
• A Christian, active in a local evangelical church, whose life reflects mature spiritual growth and a commitment to ministry.
• Minimum of a 4-year Accounting degree.
• Minimum of 2 years general accounting experience, knowledge of not-for-profit or foundation accounting is a plus.
• A thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access. Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written, oral) skills.
• Highly self-motivated, very organized, and very detail oriented.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
• A desire to serve others and be a key player in a fast paced, small team environment.
• A high degree of integrity and ethical behavior.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity to confidential matters.
• Ability to pass a criminal and financial background check.