This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The primary function of this role is to serve as the programmer and web developer for the three SIM International sites AND all sending and ministry offices that choose to align with a standardized content management system. The core of this position is the constant evaluation, improvement and adaptation of existing sites. This person also assumes the administrative responsibilities of ministry and missionary websites requested through SIMNet.
1. The SIM Web Programmer will provide the digital architecture to address the work of SIM International’s Communication department in the following areas:
• Consistent improvements to www.sim.org and the backend content management system that drives it. This site continues to be the primary voice of SIM International.
• Technical support is required for www.simkids.org and the backend content management system that drives it. The complexity of some of the front page design requires technical alterations, Flash animation programming, etc. This site is the outreach to English speaking children ages 5 – 12 to communicate mission concepts.
• Upgrades and adaptations for www.hopeforaids.org and the backend content management system that drives it. This is the multicountry, multidisciplinary presentation of our work around the world in the area of HIV/AIDS. It too needs regular programming improvements.
2. Further customizations or redevelopment of the SIM Photo Library, along with tighter integration with the SIM's Intranet.
3. Management of the 100+ SIM ministry, missionary and staff websites.
• Recording and tracking all these sites and domain names.
• Maintenances of the server.
• Accommodating unique platforms and design packages.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, experience as a PHP Developer, MySQL/Microsoft SQL Server, MVC design principles, Symfony or Yii framework. PHP Certification or ASP .Net experience a plus.
Demonstrated skills in the area of web development including:
• Extensive HTML / CSS knowledge
• Extensive PHP knowledge
• Ability to use PHP in a Windows / IIS environment
• Strong client/server validation skills
• Exceptional familiarity with object oriented development principles
• SQL Programming
• Familiarity with VBScript and Classic ASP programming
Preferred skills are:
• Knowledge of IIS web server management
• Access database development
• General knowledge of JQuery
• Ability to write PowerShell scripts
• Skills in Photoshop (digital image alteration / enhancement / creation)
Recent graduates with relevant technical skills may also apply.