This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Development
Any City, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 07/27/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Founded in 2007
The Shelby Kennedy Foundation’s mission is to help families strengthen their personal relationship with the Lord and dynamically impact the world as ambassadors of Jesus Christ. The foundation’s primary purpose is to operate the National Bible Bee for kids ages 7-18. The vision for the National Bible Bee is to encourage parents as they disciple their children through in-depth study of the Word of God, Scripture memorization, and prayer.
The person in this Development role will be responsible for helping the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Directors spearhead development efforts as the National Bible Bee continues to grow. A new position in the organization, this person will have the opportunity to build the development function. Location is flexible.
Develop and execute the National Bible Bee’s annual development and fundraising plan. Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations. Manage the National Bible Bee’s lead generator process. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors. Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors. Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising. Meet quarterly financial goals set forth by the CEO and Board of Directors. Report monthly financial progress to the CEO and the Board of Directors and as needed. Travel is required. Bonus depending on performance.
• 3-5 years of development experience
• Emphasis on developing a broad base of individual donors
• Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of over $1M+ annually
• Proven management and leadership capabilities as well as high degree of initiative
• Experience working with senior executives or business owners
• High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail
• Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new sponsors/partnerships/donors
• Strong partnership-building skills
• Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
• Above-average general computer skills; excellent command of Microsoft Office software