This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grant Writer / Financial Development
Edmonds, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 01/31/2012
Categories: Advertising/PR - Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
The purpose of visionSynergy is to advance the mission of Jesus Christ by calling the Global Church to work together in partnership to address the most challenging and strategic global mission opportunities in the world today. VisionSynergy accomplishes its mission by: 1) advising the formation and effective operation of ministry partnerships & networks 2) developing and offering training resources to increase the collaborative capacity of current and future mission leaders.
visionSynergy is recruiting a full-time, skilled and experienced Administrative Assistant for Financial Development and Communications in our Edmonds, WA office. This candidate will have a high commitment to world evangelization and a vibrant personal relationship with Christ which is demonstrated in character and lifestyle. He/she will have at least five years of experience and proven ability managing the administrative responsibilities associated with financial development and communications. This includes proposal and report writing, record-keeping, database management, written and verbal communication with donors and foundations, producing newsletters and ministry updates, and general office and administrative responsibilities.
• Self-starter who takes initiative and has a “can-do” attitude
• Ability to work well in a small team and contribute to the collaborative spirit
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity and experience with the grant-making process of Christian foundations
• Ability to produce newsletters, reports, and promotional materials
• Database management, preferably experience with Sales Force
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to track projects and meet deadlines
• Administrative abilities with the capacity to handle high-level communication with donors, foundations and organizational leaders.
1. Financial Development
• Provides administrative oversight for all VS financial development
• Is familiar with VS donors and foundations and their grant-making requirements
• Manages the grant and report submission process by tracking all deadlines
• Is familiar with VS programs and priorities in order to develop proposals
• Works with other staff to write, edit, and submit grant proposals and reports on schedule
• Manages all donor records through Sales Force and filing system
• Along with the Executive Director, maintains ongoing communication with donors and foundations by phone, email, and reports
• Assists the Executive Director in scheduling appointments and travel arrangements related to financial development
• Produces monthly Update, eNewsletter, and other resources for ongoing communication with donors.