This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 01/25/2012
Categories: IT - Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Develop new Web applications as requested through packaged and customized applications.
2. Develop and implement user-driven templates, databases, and interfaces for ease of use.
3. Maintain public website, make recommendations, and implement changes to ensure strong optimization and functionality as well as compatibility with all browsers and platforms.
4. Implement new company web pages with provided design and in some cases develop new pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality and update content on pages as requested. Build a web application from a drawn design.
5. Ensure that the site and future changes are integrated with all business functions and work closely with IT, Donor Services, other service provider vendors (i.e.,WeSupport).
6. Monitor public website server and site’s technical performance by performing a variety of technical tasks to make sure that the WA website works properly and can be accessed quickly by as many visitors and browsers as possible. This includes checking for bugs or other problems (i.e., images and punctuation marks that don’t load correctly, etc.) and fixing the performance problem.
7. Adds website software and applications to website server.
8. Ensure the security of the site’s content and customer information.
9. Work with director of marketing and communications and outside vendors to develop and implement future web capabilities (i.e., mobile web optimization, etc.)
10. Stay current with the latest software and hardware technology software used for successful online strategies (i.e., websites, social media sites, mobile phones, Internet TV, etc.).
11. Implement and maintain search engine optimization strategies.
12. Work closely with marketing and communications director to set and ensure marketing campaigns achieve targets.
13. Produce regular and timely reports, detailing results of each web marketing campaign, updates and distributes monthly web stats against goals and interpret data to ensure reporting is meaningful and makes recommendations to improve results.
14. Provide recommendations and implement changes to public website to improve marketing strategies on Social Media sites.
15. Publish dynamic content and photos on WA’s website ministry program pages, WeSupport pages, and other pages as assigned.
16. Execute email marketing campaigns using email content publishing software, which includes authoring the email, sending out the email, and posting content to public website. Administers email list management associated with e-marketing campaigns (i.e., data is complete and accurate, correctly formatted, etc.). This includes eOpportunities and eInvolved.
Technical Skills Required:
1. Must understand and demonstrate proficiency with industry-standard website development tools to create web user interfaces.
3. Excellent knowledge of CMS (content management system) and know how to trouble shoot and fix formatting problems.
4. A thorough knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
1. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
2. Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
3. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
4. Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
5. Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
6. Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
7. Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
8. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
9. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
10. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
11. Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
12. Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
13. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Upholds organizational values.
14. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
15. Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
16. Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
17. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
18. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
19. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
20. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
21. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
22. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
23. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
24. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
25. Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
26. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. B.S. in computer science or related field or at least five years of experience working to develop, program, launch, and maintain corporate websites or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Must possess a minimum of three years of experience working to develop, program, launch, and maintain a successful corporate website. Proven Website Management experience required. Must be able to show examples of previous work.
4. Experience in implementing and evaluating online, email and social media marketing campaigns is required.
Our organization makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ, evidenced by personal testimony.