This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Finance & Operations Manager
Telling the Truth, Inc.
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 01/18/2012
Categories: Accounting - Administrative
Job Type: Full-Time
Telling the Truth, the international Bible teaching ministry of Stuart, Jill, and Pete Briscoe, exists to use all forms of media to preach Christ to the nations through the clear, expositional teaching of the Bible, so that people might come to know Him – the only way, the only truth, and the only life – helping each person experience the Life of Christ in all its fullness.
Our growing non-profit organization is looking to add a position to its leadership team of Finance & Operations Manager. This position will be joining a tight-knit, innovative team of ten committed believers, in support of three uniquely gifted communicators of the Gospel.
Working in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer, we are looking for someone with strong accounting skills, but also a willingness and ability to handle just about any part of the operations side of our organization. In a fun yet professional environment where your talents, skills, creativity, and gifting will have a direct impact on moving the organization forward, you will:
* Oversee financial management and all accounting functions and systems including G/L, payroll, accounts payables, monthly cost accounting and related reports, inventory, month-end and adjusting journal entries, and banking operations
* Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for COO/Sr. VP and Board of Directors, as well as budget development and monitoring of cash flow
* Maintain financial accountability in accordance with accounting standards for non-profit organizations
* Administer and maintain contracts, leases, and insurance policies and coverage, reviewing regularly as appropriate
* Supervise the preparation and filing of necessary government forms (state registrations, tax returns, etc.), annual audit, and IRS 990 documentation in conjunction with attorneys and auditors
* Oversee purchasing, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all equipment, furniture, software, office supplies, raw materials, printing needs, and office space
* Oversee human resource management, including: coordinate staff meetings, establish and update personnel policies and procedures, monitor staff/volunteers through performance reviews/evaluations, recruit new or replacement staff and volunteers, develop and administer staff benefits, coordinate prayer for staff/donors/listeners/organization, employee and volunteer care and appreciation, develop/maintain job descriptions, stay abreast of industry standards for wages/benefits, establish/maintain personnel files
* IT functions including setting IT policy, hardware/software acquisitions and support, management of website support, oversee data backup and archiving
* Lead, assist, and/or facilitate event planning and travel needs
* Develop and implement organization-wide operations protocols, standards, and procedures
* Miscellaneous projects and research as needed and directed by COO/Sr. VP and/or Board
Time spent between accounting and operations functions will be split roughly 50/50.
* Three to five years related experience with a focus on accounting in an equivalent role, with demonstrated non-profit accounting understanding and experience in setting up accounting procedures (CPA is a plus)
* Bachelors degree in business administration, accounting, or related studies, or equivalent experience
* Experience in planning, initiating, and executing all accounting and operations activities with minimal supervision; this is a hands-on role that will interact with leadership on strategy but also oversee and execute tactics
* Experience with QuickBooks accounting software
* Very strong written and verbal communication skills to all levels of an organization, along with top-notch business acumen and experience managing change
* Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office; familiarity with database, project management, and website content management system software
* Experience setting up, analyzing, and adjusting operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, policies and procedures, office layout, etc.
* Personal character that demonstrates high moral standards, adherence to biblically-based values, teachability, humility, a servant spirit, trustworthiness, and rock-solid integrity
* Understanding of business measurement methods, and the difference between financial and non-financial impact and metrics, and why the difference is relevant (i.e. ROI vs. customer satisfaction)
* Supervisory and project management experience
* Ability to quickly learn and embrace new technology and tasks
* Patience, perseverance, and flexibility to juggle varied responsibilities and multiple projects with limited resources
* The ability to inspire trust, influence and energize others, and interact internally with all layers of leadership and staff and externally with partner organizations and donors in the US, UK, and other areas of the world
* Someone who is focused, organized, self-motivated, self-disciplined, driven, and incredibly detail-oriented, but who can balance a love of tasks with a love of people
* Private sector experience is highly applicable to this position; non-profit experience a plus
To apply, forward resume and cover letter explaining why you are a solid fit based on job requirements and our organization’s values, and how your experience relates to outlined job duties, to firstname.lastname@example.org.