This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Administrative and Accounting Assistant
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 01/16/2012
Categories: Accounting - Administrative
Job Type: Part-Time
Administrative and Accounting Assistant:
(Part time 15-20 hrs. per week, some work from home)
Grace North Atlanta, a church plant for the Presbyterian Church, is excited to be seeking a part time, experienced accounting/admin assistant to join our team. Interested candidates can read more about our theology and what we believe at gracenorthatlanta.org. It is not necessary that you be a Presbyterian, however attendance at our Sunday services is required to assist with set up and visitor questions.
To apply, please respond to Julie at email@example.com with a cover letter and with your salary requirements. Please be sure to read over the requirements and make sure you are available for the Sunday services and Wednesday am meetings before applying. Candidates without a cover letter and without the necessary skills in accounting and administrative will not be considered. We can’t take calls due to the number of applicants. EOE
The position requires the following:
• Resident or close residence to the Alpharetta area
• Previous accounting/book keeping experience, in a church or non-profit
• MS Office Suite Skills, including Excel, Word and Power Point
• Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
• Management experience especially with new hire paperwork
• Highly detail-oriented, with excellent accuracy
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Initiative and self-motivation
• Attendance at regular meetings, including Sunday morning services and Wednesday morning meetings, as well as monthly evening meetings as scheduled
• Flexibility with scheduling
• Strong work ethic and organizational skills
• A heart for service and teamwork
This position will involve many varied tasks and will support our Finance Leader, our Pastor and the Admin and Directional teams. The position will report to the Finance Leader. Some duties are listed below, but additional duties will be assigned. The position may work from home except for attendance at meetings.
1. Handle mail pickup and distribution
2. Accounts Payable Process
3. Credit card reconciliation and documentation control
4. Accounting data entry
5. Accounts Receivable Process
6. Reporting for AP, AR, Statements, etc.
7. Process monthly payroll. Obtain quarterly payroll reports and reconcile to general ledger. Submit monthly payroll summary, reports and reconciliation for review by Finance Team.
8. Prepare monthly contribution summary report and outside support details report
9. Prepare monthly journal entries and bank reconciliation. Submit bank reconciliation report for review.
10. Prepare monthly financial statements
11. Annual worker’s compensation estimate; handle closing out the previous year’s worker’s compensation estimates with final figures.
12. Handle incoming Accounting emails and any items forwarded to Accounting for help.
13. Seek accounting guidance before decisions are finalized to ensure compliance with appropriate IRS requirements and Accounting Principles.
14. Ensure GNA accounting policies and procedures are being followed.
15. Corporation Matters: Annual Corporate filing with the Secretary of State; maintain the Corporate Book with annual filing, Minutes
16. Communicate and coordinate with Finance Team and Directional Team on financial issues and questions, as needed.
17. Projects related to accounting or general administration as needed
18. Support the Lead Pastor as needed by facilitating Sunday services, managing the Ministry Calendar and website content, Coordinate schedules of church members serving on ministry teams, Order materials as needed, Make reservations for Ministry Calendar, Take initiative to keep communication flowing regularly and effectively Maintain Power Church data and online web to manage email lists, contacts, visitor info, addresses, phone numbers, keeping our information current, email list each week and, Use Facebook and other social networking systems to increase communication, Send mail and email correspondence to church members and outside supporters, create PowerPoint and Bulletin for worship, Order supplies for church staff as needed, including Deposit Tracking Bags, Deposit slips and Checks for Finance, Facilitate ensuring all payroll forms, new hire forms, Child Protection forms/agreements, background checks (if appropriate) and documentation is in order prior to the start date of any new hires/interns, etc.