This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
President and CEO
Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Date Posted: 01/11/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The Religious Coalition for Reproductive choice seeks a new CEO to work with an energetic staff; a committed Board of Directors and Advisory Council; and national, state, and regional partners to continue the implementation of a new strategic plan. Responsibilities will be those typical of a CEO position with a nonprofit organization. The headquarters are in Washington D.C., but the work is carried out across the country. We are seeking a CEO who:
• Has theological depth and the ability to work in a multi-faith context.
• Understands and can interpret reproductive justice in both religious and secular
settings and understands marginalized communities.
• Is a visionary with a proven track record of change and transformation.
• Has excellent communication skills and can speak comfortably with clergy and laity
of diverse faith traditions. This will be a person who can communicate well with
legislators and government officials, with partner organizations at the national and
state level, with staff, and with marginalized persons.
• Understands the dynamics of grass roots organizing.
• Understands the dynamics involved across the generations and has familiarity with
• Has proven skills in management and in leadership. Experience in supervision and
mentoring of staff is important as well as the ability to work positively with an engaged
Board of Directors.
• Has proven fund-raising experience and the ability to communicate effectively with
foundations, individual donors, and other sources of funding.
• Has creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. Resumes and four references should be sent as soon as possible and no later than January 31, 2012 to:
Rev. Steve Clapp, Board Chairperson
6404 S. Calhoun Street
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46807
Or to Rev. Clapp’s personal e-mail: DadofTia@aol.com