The Program Manager, Safety and Security
is based in Haiti with responsibilities that include but are not limited to the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all issues relating to staff security and safety. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) personnel. These include but are not limited to local leaders, police, foreign military, other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), United Nations (UN) offices and government leaders.
• Manage all SP national staff security guards, supervisors and radio operators spread over multiple compounds separated by as much as 3 hours drive time. Oversee all administrative functions and payroll responsibilities for these positions.
• Monitoring and enforcement of security and safety for all projects, including reporting to the Boone office on a regular basis. When required, analysis of security incidents and compilation of reports including personal assessment and evaluation of internal compliance with the country policies.
• Conduct detailed internal investigations and interviews in response to serious incidents involving SP to include but not limited to vehicle accidents and armed robberies. May require collaboration with the local police, judge or UN personnel.
• Continually update and maintain safety/security policies for SP Haiti to ensure safety/security of all staff. This includes but is not limited to: base security procedures, driver’s checklists for preventive maintenance of vehicles, convoy procedures, emergency medical response, natural disaster response, reporting procedures for field operations, new staff/volunteer security briefing, evacuation plans, liberty policies and travel restrictions.
• Maintain records of incidents/crimes in areas that SP works, both involving SP and not, to develop a full picture of the historical and present safety/security profile in order to effectively analyze and prepare for future risks in these areas. Establish personal contacts and sources for accurate/updated information in these areas.
• Keep the Country Director (CD) and Field Security and Safety Officer informed of security status, information, needs and concerns. Produce a monthly issues report on field security activities for the CD and the Field Security and Safety Officer.
• Monitor present and potential emergencies/natural disasters involving Haiti and keep the Country Director informed of events, including specific crisis response options.
• Maintain awareness of legal and cultural requirements for SP national and international staff and ensure reasonable compliance with the same.QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous Security Management experience required. Emergency response/CPR/First Aid medical training preferred. Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or minimum of two years of related experience and/or training.
• French/Creole language skills preferred, but not required.
• Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, both Haitian and International, and build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to understand complex security situations, create risk mitigation plans that support continued program operations and advise program design accordingly.
• Possess ability to analyze information in order to develop a complete picture of security situationsLength of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
No Minor Children Allowed
Use these Links to learn more about the position for the http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/employment_listings/position_listing_intl/program_manager_safety_security_haiti_1032/" Program Development Officer (1032) and to complete an https://jobs.samaritanspurse.org/"Online Application