This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 05/25/2012
Categories: Communications - Media/Video/Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
Boone, NC - We have an exciting opportunity for a creative Editor to join our production team. This is not an entry-level position. We are a full HD Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Server, Avid DS, XSAN production facility. The Editor will have the ability to successfully execute ideas both independently and as part of a team under creative direction. Ideal candidate will be a good storyteller able to edit and stylize assigned commercials, stories, segments, promos, etc.; Brainstorm with Creative Director, social media writers, editors, gfx designers and other team producers to best achieve creative and messaging goals of assigned projects. A critical thinker who continues to embrace new technology and workflows; to multi-task and exercise project management skills using professional video equipment and editing techniques that portrays the ministry of Samaritan’s Purse in a way that meets professional broadcast standards. Two+ years of industry experience is required. Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. If you are a creative editor, with a passion for great stories and always pushing for what’s next, come join our team.
• Highly proficient and innovative editor with a working knowledge of After Effects, Premiere, Motion, Compressor, After Effects, Photoshop. Design experience a plus.
• Able to do color correction and online finishing with at least a working knowledge of various plug-ins like Magic Bullet, Keylight, and Sapphire.
• Familiar with multiple file formats and frame rates (both SD and HD) and related test equipment for digital video and audio.
• Proactive problem solving with the ability to work unsupervised at times and make creative and responsible decisions that will help deliver content on time with minimal errors.
• Experience with video encoding for the Internet and an understanding of how digital media is managed and archived.
• The position involves small amount field editing and media management with domestic and some international travel required.
An online portfolio or demo reel is required with application. Provide link within your cover letter or resume, or send to email@example.com.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”