This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Field Accountant, Unity State, South Sudan (960)
Unity State, Unity State, Sudan
Date Posted: 01/03/2012
Categories: Accounting - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Unity State, South Sudan - The Field Accountant, Unity State is responsible for implementing, and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of programs in Unity State, South Sudan; he/she is also responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to the specific programs and projects that operate from the Yida and Bentui Base in South Sudan.
• Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner
• Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation
• Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Finance Manager as assigned
• Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse’s (SP) field accounting policies
• Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.)
• Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base
• Ensure all cash is reconciled on a weekly basis, reporting any over/under to country office and investigate any over/under situations
• Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end
• Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Finance Manager
• Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required
• Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles
• Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements
• Prepare and submit month-end reports to SP office regarding country-wide operations in a timely fashion
• Follow all procedures provided by Finance Manager and Country Director
• Maintain accuracy in financial records
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in finance or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred
• Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred
• Proven management experience
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Above average communication skills-both verbal and written
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite-in particular, Excel
• People management and delegation abilities
• Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment
• Diplomatic, level-headed in stressful environment
12 month contract with potential for renewal
This position is unaccompanied.