This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Back to the Bible
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Date Posted: 12/27/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
• Would you like to use your talent in writing to impact the world for God?
• Do you like a challenging, fast paced environment?
• Do you take pride in your ability to write clearly with flair?
• Are accuracy and deadlines important to you?
• Do you have a competitive drive when it comes to getting things done?
• Would you enjoy working in a ministry where your talents are recognized?
• Do you enjoy presenting straightforward solutions to complex problems?
Purpose: The Media Writer should provide necessary writing for media projects, primarily Back to the Bible radio and T.V., which fits the needs of the audience, the nature of the media and the theological perspectives of the ministry.
Major Responsibilities: BROADCAST WRITING – Expected outcome: Contribute compelling opens to attract and connect listeners and viewers with the daily teaching of Back to the Bible, providing continuity and flow for each program, and effectively present resources for the audience. BACK TO THE BIBLE PRODUCTION TEAM - Expected outcome: Contribution to the development of the daily program will be creative and constructive. BIBLE STUDY & WEB CONTENT – Expected Outcome: Contribute Bible studies and devotional material for Back to the Bible web ministries, and provide writing and editorial assistant to communications for projects, as assigned.
• Graduation from high school and Bachelor’s degree in journalism
• At least three (3) years experience in content development
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience
• Possess a strong command of the English Language
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Typing at least 40 wpm required
• Must have PC experience and be proficient in MS Word
• Ability to manage high volume of work and Switch from Job to job quickly, mentally and physically