This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
International Student Ministry, St. Louis
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 12/21/2011
Categories: Fundraising - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
This is an exciting and multi-faceted opportunity for a Christian non-profit or business professional who has a heart for serving international students and scholars (and their families) who attend colleges and universities in the St. Louis area. The ideal candidate should live in the metro area and be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the following critical areas:
- A Christian who is strong in their walk of faith, and possesses a servant heart. (Preferably a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod)
- Recruiting, leading and motivating a large group of unpaid staff (volunteers)
- A heart for working with adult students and scholars who are coming to St. Louis from all over the world (especially from Asia)
- Proven leadership abilities in developing and executing a budget, and the ability to lead staff, volunteers, and Board members in donor development.
- Expertise to direct electronic marketing and in developing an outreach-oriented web presence, including the use of social media. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and database software.
- Skills in public speaking in front of both large and small groups, some for which English is a second language
- The ability to interface with and report to a Board of Directors
- Program development geared toward expanding our services to students and their families.
- Current connections with local. like-minded groups and individuals who can help increase the impact of this ministry
This is a full time position and currently has one part-time paid staff member that reports. Currently the Director works from a home office.
Mission: International Student Ministry, St. Louis shows God’s love and shares the Good News of Jesus with international students and their families attending St. Louis area colleges and universities.
We are a 501(c)3 organization, in existence since 1999, funded entirely through grants and individual contributions. We are affiliated with ISM, Inc., and the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod.
For consideration, please submit a current resume along with a cover letter and salary expectations to the Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to PO Box 220451, St. Louis, MO 63122.