Salem Communications is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have a full time position available for an I.T. Server Specialist at our station in Glendale, CA.
As a member of the Enterprise Shared Services team, The IT Server Specialist will be tasked with configuring, deploying and maintaining servers. The primary server operating systems used are Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008. Systems include but are not limited to Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, EMC Avamar, LANDesk, Citrix, file and print, data replication, and EMC Clarion SANs. Server health, security, and availability are the primary responsibilities of the IT Server Specialist.
This position will require that the employee carry a company assigned cell phone, pager or other such remote communications device and participate is 24 x 7 on-call support rotation with other Salem technical staff. Up to 15% travel will be required. The hours of the position will be East Coast business hours, 5:30a - 2:30p pst, Monday - Friday. The candidate must be able to drive within SoCal, Orange County -- Ventura County.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve server software and hardware configurations.
• Perform local and remote phone and electronic support and incident responsiveness to various end users within an enterprise environment.
• Interact with clients, other members of the team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard solutions for our clients.
• Troubleshoot server applications and configurations.
• Install and perform VOIP phone troubleshooting and configuration.
• Prepare new servers including software upgrade testing, packaging and deployments.
• Prepare, test, and apply server service packs, upgrades and patches.
• Monitor and troubleshoot data backups and validate data is restorable.
• Positive Contributor and Team Player geared toward providing A+ Customer Service and Satisfaction.
• Excellent Communication skills including, written, verbal, and listening
Desired Job Experience:
3 to 5 years of IT server experience with Microsoft products is required. Experience with EMC Clarion SANs, Apple Macintosh, and Linux are also desirable. End user support experience is also required. Microsoft certifications preferred.
Desired Education or Degree:
Bachelors in Information Technology or similar is preferred.
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Communications at www.salem.cc
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . It is important to mention "IT SERVER" in the subject line.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...