This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Graphic & Web Designer
Salem Media Group
Portland, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 12/09/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Salem Communications is a leading U.S. radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network®, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives™, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network™, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing™, a leading publisher of Christian-themed magazines. The company owns and operates approximately 100 radio stations, including stations in 23 of the top 25 markets.
Salem Communications currently has a full time position available for a Graphic and Web Designer for our Portland location.
• BA or BS in Fine Arts or Design preferred or equivalent experience required.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat.
• Knowledge of CSS and Adobe Flash is a plus.
• Must have proven conceptual and typographical skills, extensive design experience, work on tight deadlines and be able to articulate concepts and design decisions.
• Must be able to adjust designs to fit client’s needs or taste. Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas is an important skill.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task between several different projects.
• Have strong problem solving skills and love a good challenge.
• Excellent communication skills and interacts with team members, programmers, developers and sales. Strong communication skills are needed to deal with coworkers and clients across the country.
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Communications at www.salem.cc
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you, please submit resume and cover letter, salary expectations and portfolio. Please respond only if you are looking for an on-site, full time job and currently live in or near the Portland area.
Director of Digital Media
6400 S. E. Lake Rd Suite 350
Portland, OR 97222