This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical / Media Director
Hyland Heights Baptist Church
Rustburg, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2011
Categories: Church Staff - Media/Video/Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
A. Job Summary
The Technical Director is a full-time position that provides leadership for and management of the Audio/Visual needs of our Southern Baptist Church. Worship style is blended, sanctuary seats 1500, average total worship attendance is 1400, with two worship services on Sunday mornings.
B. Job Responsibilities
• Works with the ministries of the church to ensure the audio/visual needs are met for the worship services and special events.
• Responsible for the planning, budgeting, purchasing, and maintenance of audio/visual equipment for the church.
• Builds, trains, schedules, and shepherds a team of volunteers to help with the audio/visual needs of the church.
• Provide for the A/V needs for the Living Cross. Living Cross is a musical drama performed the weekend before and of Easter every year. It requires months of planning and preparation as well as intense 2 – 3 weeks of nightly rehearsals and performances. The Living Cross was performed 8 times last year and seen by over 8,000 people. This position also manages the hiring of contractors and/or placement of volunteers for specialized services like video recording, and programming and operating lighting.
C. Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• A qualified candidate must be in agreement with articles of faith of HHBC.
• A qualified candidate must bear witness to a clear testimony of conversion, evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, and a commitment to personal and spiritual growth.
• Must be organized and able to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines and must also be able to work in a team setting with good communication skills.
• A qualified candidate must have five years of previous audio/visual production experience.
• Equipment currently owned by HHBC and operated by this position include multiple digital mixing sound boards, avoim monitors, wireless handheld and hands free microphones, programmable stationary and moving lights, full video production equipment including cameras, recording and editing equipment, IMAG video projection and video blending technology.
• Software currently used by HHBC is Pro Presenter, Final Cut, Keynote, Powerpoint, Jands Vista, and Yamaha Ethersound.