This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Director - Middle East Media USA
Keystone Consulting Services LLC
Location Negotiable, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2011
Categories: Media/Video/Radio - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Middle East Media USA (MEM USA) is currently seeking a new US Executive Director who will lead the North American effort to take the Gospel message of Jesus to the peoples of the Middle East and North Africa by developing financial, prayer, and personnel support for the work of Middle East Media International.
The US Executive Director will report to the Board of MEM USA and work closely with the MEM International PRESIDENT/CEO . In doing so, the US Executive Director will develop and implement plans and programs to achieve resource development objectives as defined by the Board. Working hand-in-hand with the International CEO, the US Executive Director will build and manage a team that will identify, cultivate and service a growing donor base, implementing appropriate processes to insure financial accountability and integrity remain at the forefront. His/Her focus will be developing and leading the Major Gifts initiative, including actively soliciting current and potential donors at this level. The work of the US Executive Director will provide the foundation for the success of the organization’s efforts for the future.
The US Executive Director will lead the North America efforts of MEM USA in support of the ministry of MEM International in the Middle East and North Africa. The Executive Director will provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of plans, programs, and initiatives to meet the goals and objectives as defined by the MEM USA Board of Directors. He/She will bring an expertise in fundraising, specifically including Major Giving, and be the chief resource developer, integrally involved in cultivation and solicitation of major donors as well as training and equipping others to do so as well.
Reporting to the MEM USA Board of Directors and working closely with the MEM International Chief Executive Officer, the US Executive Director will be a mature Christian whose life is evidence of their commitment and who wholeheartedly embraces the Lausanne Covenant. He/She will possess a passion for taking the Gospel to unbelievers and have the cultural sensitivities necessary to minister effectively in this region.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop the resource base of the USA and Canada to meet targets set by the Board for the ministry needs of MEM International.
• Build and manage a team that will contact and provide excellent service to a growing donor base, as well as fulfill the purpose of MEM USA.
• Engage personally in soliciting donors. Major Donor Gift Experience a must
• Determine the feasibility of fund-raising programs (e.g. direct mail); select and monitor the activities of outside agencies in such campaigns. Media management for fundraising helpful.
• Ensure compliance with the accounting requirements and ethical standards of federal and state government, ECFA, and other regulatory bodies, as necessary.
• Report in a timely and effective manner to foundations and major donors on the use of funds and status of projects supported by them.
• Oversee the budget process, expense control, and production of financial and annual reports.
• Facilitate the agreed activities of international colleagues engaged in the promotion of MEM International in the USA and Canada.
• Mobilize and communicate with prayer groups committed to the ministry of MEM.
• Create and nurture linkages with related agencies and organizations to enhance the ministry objectives of MEM International.
• Develop short and long term plans, in consultation with the Board, for advancing the work of the MEM North American office.
• Oversee MEM North America’s work in the recruitment of potential short and long term field personnel for MEM International.
• Oversee and mange all matters pertaining North American office personnel including recruitment, job reviews; policy setting; compensation review, etc.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
• Model a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. In both belief and practice, his/her life will demonstrate balance, relational integrity, and professionalism. He/She will wholeheartedly embrace the Lausanne Covenant and will be respectful, submitting to persons or structures of accountability.
• Be a passionate believer in the vision and ministry of MEM International and be committed to instilling that passion in others.
• Understand the dynamics of fundraising and have a proven track record in generating large-scale giving.
• Possess demonstrated success in planning implementing major gift development programs with sustainable revenue.
• Have strong leadership skills, with a desire to serve others. He/She will be someone of high integrity, a wise decision-maker, and will combine perseverance with flexibility.
• Have strong management capability, with special emphasis on the capacity to strategize and engage in short and long-term planning, exercise fiscal control, develop teamwork and utilize all resources available through sound delegation skills.
• Have excellent listening and verbal skills. He/She will demonstrate the ability to tailor the presentation of the vision of MEM to the particular background and interest of individual donors, and the ability to create effective written proposals with strong competency.
• Have a good understanding of the North African and Middle Eastern context, be without prejudice and have a strong empathy for their international colleagues. He/She will be sensitive to the issue of money, dependency and the perceptions of western influence and power.
Able to travel both nationally and internationally. Travel may be a significant.
Due to the nature of the position and its work with donors and partners across the United States, the US Executive Director may be live in any US city in close proximity to a major airport due to the travel requirements of the position.
The Search and Selection Process
Keystone Consulting LLC, www.keystone-consulting.com , has been commissioned by the MEM USA Board of Directors to conduct the search for the new US Executive Director. Search consultants from Keystone met with the Chair of the US Board of Directors and the International CEO to gain a broad perspective on MEM USA and the profile of the successful candidate.
For further information on this position, please contact:
Senior Consulting Associate, Executive Search
Keystone Consulting LLC
PO Box 815, Enka North Carolina 28728
Email submissions are preferred.