This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Casa de Consejeria y Salud Integral, Inc.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 11/18/2011
Categories: Accounting - Administrative
Job Type: Part-Time
Casa de Consejeria (Casa) a non-profit, community and faith based organization is hiring a Billing Specialist (30 hours per week) who will be assigned to the Administration Department and be directly supervised by the Director of Operations. The duties and responsibilities of the billing specialist include but are not limited to:
• The electronic billing and claims rejection process of Community Behavioral Health, Behavioral Health System Initiative, Medical Assistance, Atlantic Diagnostics Laboratory, Third Party Liability/Private Medical Insurance, Self-Pay Clients and/or any other related medical insurance coverage
• The submission of statistical data reports requested by the clinical program partners, i.e. driving under Influence, Treatment Court, Forensic Intensive Recovery Program, or any other related
• The verification of the client’s medical eligibility through the web based Electronic System (PROMISE) provided by the Department of Public Welfare
• Make arrangements to initiate contact with clients, upon determination of lack of medical insurance
• Provide client follow-ups when necessary
• Complete and submit billing reports for the development of clinical statistical data, as well as for the overall organizational financial status as needed.
1. Minimum of Associates Degree in Computer Science or Business Management, or Technical School Diploma with medical assistance and billing coding certification, or any other field related.
2. Must possess computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office 2007, (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) Windows XP Professional or any other related operating system, typing, etc
3. Superior organizational skills with the ability to re-prioritize daily work flow, highly competent multi-tasking. Must enjoy working on multiple tasks and thrive in a rapid and full of activity environment
4. One year of professional experience working with administrative and billing services
5. Must enjoy working with a multi-cultural staff
6. Sensitive to the problematic of the substance abuse disorder
Benefits after completing and passing three month probation period:
1 week Vacation After first year
Medical Benefits through Aetna and Met-life
5 paid holidays per year
Holistic oriented environment
Faith based organization in the process of expanding services