This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Development and Partnership Officer
Health Outreach to the Middle East
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/18/2011
Categories: Church/Ministry - Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Development and Partnerships Officer
Reporting: Reports to the President (Dr. Issam Raad), and in his absence, reports to the Executive Vice President (Dr. Farid Bakht) www.homeforhim.org
Essential Job Functions:
1. Helps to Develop and Activate Chapters
a. Activate and motivate the chapters in the various cities in North America
b. Follow-up and assist Chapter Directors (or designees) with the fundraising goals that have been set by the board
c. Be in regular contact with Directors of chapters (or designees) and occasionally visit the various NA chapters to help organize fundraising activities and events
2. Manages in coordination with the President (Dr. Issam Raad) in the following:
Partnership with Churches:
a. Connect, establish and network with churches in North America with the purpose of inviting as many American churches as possible to collaborate, join forces and partner with HOME
b. Advocate for churches to adopt one or multiple HOME projects (this could be a major resource to support HOME operations)
c. Arrange with Mission Boards/Pastors a “Speaker Bureau”, whereby HOME leaders can present an overview of the ministry and inform them in a more in-depth manner of the projects and activities of HOME, hence giving them a better understanding of its uniqueness
d. Be involved in preparing grant/partnership proposals to partners such as churches and Christian organizations and like-minded groups
e. Establish alliances and build partnerships with other churches and Christian organizations
3. Works under the President (Dr. Issam Raad) in managing various administrative functions and missions-related activities pertaining to HOME in various countries
a. Coordinating with and supervising HOME employees in the Middle East
b. Coordination with HOME volunteers in the Middle East
c. Working closely with country coordinator
4. Helps with the Worldwide Institute for Medical Education (WIME) fundraising, since this is a major source of grant support for HOME
5. Improves and develops the advertising abilities of HOME, by means of website, brochures, newsletters/updates, videos, and other media and methods of communications that will promote and bring HOME into the spotlight
6. Coordinates with the Financial Secretary in order to assure timely delivery of the checks/funds/support to the clinics and hospitals in the Middle East. In addition, works with the Financial Secretary on general budget of HOME & WIME with an emphasis on
Health Outreach to the Middle East • P.O. Box 711109, Houston, TX 77271 • www.healthoutreachtothemiddleeast.org
1- Committed Christian. Applicant needs to submit a recommendation letter from his or her bible believing church pastor or Christian organization.
2- Bachelors degree from an accredited university.
3- At least 2 years of experience in development, fundraising or administration.
4- Applicants should be willing to live in Houston and travel up to once per month outside Houston.
5- It is preferred that applicants are able to speak both Arabic and English language. And are familiar with the Arab culture.
For more information about HOME: