This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Development Officer
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 11/11/2011
Categories: Fundraising - Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Purpose: To contribute to the planting of vital, reproducing churches among unreached Muslims by encouraging, affirming, managing, and maximizing the partnership of individuals, churches, and foundations in the ministry of Frontiers through prayer, financial, and personal involvement. Create and lead a development program which maximizes donor participation and successfully integrates major gifts, direct mail, events, e-marketing, and estate planning.
• To articulate an accurate, consistent, and appealing persona for Frontiers.
• To raise funds for Frontiers’ mission fund, and secondarily, for field projects and International Office needs.
• To stimulate informed prayer for Frontiers and the Muslim world.
• To encourage involvement in Frontiers through planned giving products, media tools, events, and field ministry programs.
• Excellent communications skills, especially verbal, but also writing.
• A good listener; empathetic and respectful of others.
• Coach, motivator, team builder, encourager who draws out the best in people.
• Good time management skills
• Mature follower of Christ who accepts Frontiers Statement of Faith without qualification.
• Demonstrates a Great Commission worldview.
• Mature understanding of Biblical stewardship
• Views fundraising as a ministry in the lives of those who give.
• Enjoys the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over.
• Has at least 10 years experience in fundraising, 5 years in managing fundraising
• Experience developing, asking for, and closing gifts over $100,000
• A college degree, preferably in marketing, communications or similar.
• Work experience in a marketing communications or sales roles or functions
• Experience in strategic thinking in complex environment leading to goal setting and choosing the best plan for fulfillment.