This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Medical Director and VP of Processing
Christian Care Ministry
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 11/07/2011
Categories: Health Care
Job Type: Full-Time
The Medical Director and VP of Processing is responsible for medical decisions regarding the Medi-Share Guidelines; overseeing and directing the components of the day-to-day operations of the processing of medical bills; and, the facilitation of the publishing and sharing of medical bills; also guides development of our sharing philosophy or strategy. In that role he or she is the custodian of the Medi-Share Guidelines; works hand-in-hand with the rest of the Ministry to ensure that the overall mission and goals of Christian Care Ministry are achieved.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee the sharing process, including:
-medical and lifestyle reviews necessary to ensure appropriate eligibility per the Medi-Share Guidelines for publishing
and sharing of medical bills incurred by members
-all policies, procedures and functions related to the processing, sharing and auditing of medical bills in accordance with
-lead the development of revisions to the sharing philosophy and the Medi-Share Guidelines
• Communicate directly with Medi-Share members, healthcare providers, and other external customers to assist in effective problem resolution and provision of excellent customer service
• Assist in the development, motivation and leadership of a high-performance management team, provide mentoring, when possible, to assist in career development of future management staff
• Provide leadership and management that mirror the vision, mission and core values of CCM, including leading and participating in prayer with staff and members as directed and where appropriate
• Participate in the formulation and support of objectives, processes, procedures and policies that are in accordance with CCM’s budget and goals
• Inspire staff to achieve and surpass performance and quality goals
Education and/or Experience: A medical degree (MD, DO), state licensure, ten plus years or more of proven leadership/management experience, and familiarity with claims management preferred. Experience in a leadership role within a Christian environment preferred. A combination of experience in the medical field and business operations is required. A NP, PA or RN may also be considered with exceptional experience.
Please submit cover letter and salary requirements along with resume.