Job Title: Board Operator/Technical Assistant
Job Category: Radio/Broadcasting/Media
Full Time – Non-Exempt Must be able to work nights and weekends as required
Medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, accrued vacation and sick time
$9.60 per hour
Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States. Salem Communications Tampa is looking for a self-motivated, organized, professional individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for operating in-studio digital boards and assisting the Director of Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
• Operates a tight board for live local programs
• Monitors satellite delivered syndicated programming
• Provides voice work for commercials and promos
• Assists with other production as needed
• Assists the Director of Engineering in all aspects of Radio Broadcasting. This includes but is not limited to installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment including computers. Also included will be building and grounds maintenance at studio and tower sites.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma
• 2 years experience in the radio industry is preferred.
• Ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable, energetic, and displays professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the company.
• Experience with Adobe Audition is preferred as well as prior experience working with digital audio control boards, ISDN lines, XDS and Unity Satellite Receivers.
• Knowledge of Salem’s Rivendell Automation System is a plus.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have basic computer skills
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Requires the ability to properly use a radio frequency field strength meter.
Cover letter and resumes can be addressed to:
Salem Communications Tampa
5211 W. Laurel Street Ste. 101
Tampa, FL 33607
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations Manager -Louisville, KYSalem Media Group
- Louisville, Kentucky
- October 25
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...