This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Program Ministries
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 10/31/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church (www.afumc.org) is seeking a Christ-centered individual to lead the program ministries of the church.
Alpharetta Methodist is a vibrant and growing family of faith (4,500+) located in the fast growing, northern suburb of Atlanta. The Director of Program Ministries will plan, coordinate, and support opportunities for adults to grow in Christian faith and become active disciples of Jesus Christ.
Qualified candidates should possess:
• A solid commitment to Jesus Christ
• Work experience in a church environment
• Ability to help people begin and strengthen their discipleship journey
• Leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• An energetic, flexible and team-player spirit
• A clear understanding and belief in the United Methodist doctrine
• Skills in prioritizing and managing time
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain information as highly confidential
• Willingness to live in the Alpharetta community
• Availability to work nonstandard hours
• Theological education preferred
The Director will supervise the Children’s Director, Program Assistant and Receptionist and will recruit and train volunteer leaders.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Alpharetta Methodist provides an excellent benefits package including medical benefits and retirement plan.
The selected individual will be expected to begin full-time employment on February 1, 2012.
Resumes will be received through November 30 and should be submitted to Wayne Ledbetter, Church Administrator, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to AFUMC, Attn. Wayne Ledbetter, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009 or faxed to (770) 663-7740.