This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Salem Media Group
Tampa, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 10/26/2011
Categories: Media/Video/Radio - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States. Salem Communications Tampa is looking for a punctual, self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized professional to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide a diverse range of advertising sales administrative support.
• Serve as a liaison between sales, traffic, production, and promotions to assure the fulfillment of all contract components
• Participate in weekly sales meetings
• Prepare advertising proposals that match client objectives
• Maintain all sales pieces ensuring accuracy of content and quality of design
• Assist with the development of agency and direct client relationships
• Assist in writing copy of on-air spots
• Perform necessary follow-up after a sale including but not limited to solving disputes and collecting overdue balances
• Assist with compiling and distributing various sales and manager reports including but not limited to the following:
• Daily sales reports
• Weekly sales projection reports
• Weekly receivables analysis report
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
• 2 years experience in the radio industry is preferred.
• Possess a high degree of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and external contacts to the organization
• Need well developed presentation skills
• Demonstrate excellent customer relations skills
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Exceptional organizational skills required
• The ability to meet designated deadlines is critical
• Must demonstrate the ability to position a brand, target a certain audience, and understand branding campaigns
Salary commensurate with experience.
Cover letter and resumes can be addressed to:
Salem Communications Tampa
5211 W. Laurel Street Ste. 101
Tampa, FL 33607
Salem Communications Tamps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.