This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Systems Project Manager
Church Resource Ministries
Anaheim, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/22/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Church Resource Ministries (CRM)
Systems Project Manager
The Systems Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership in the management of medium, and high complexity system project efforts. This requires excellent skill and ability in project management while working with Senior Leadership and departmental users across the organization to ensure the most effective use of technologies in the organization. This includes advanced project scheduling (either MS project or comparable) and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manger focuses on gathering requirements and providing solutions on-time and on-budget. In the short term, this project manager will focus on an enterprise wide implementation of salesforce.com, a CRM (customer relationship management) system.
- Help implement the salesforce.com system in a global nonprofit environment, focusing on financial processing modules.
- Define project scope and goals. Define project objectives and work with Senior Leadership and departmental users.
- Develop full-scale project plans with dependencies in MS Project or equivalent, track milestones and deliverables.
- Design and maintain project documentation, ensuring they are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Actively manage and assess project delays and issues.
- Ensure proposed project solution fits with agreed upon outcomes and deliverables, including functional and technical
business requirements. Effectively organize and communicate project expectations to team members and
stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Facilitate project meetings . Ensure all departments come together in a cooperative manner.
- Determine and assess needs for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Identify and quickly resolve issues and conflicts that arise. This position regularly exercises discretion and
independent judgment involving the comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct, and acts or makes
a decision after the various possibilities have been considered. These independent choices are free from immediate
- Facilitates identification of a quality statement of problem(s), opportunity(ies), solution(s), outcome(s).
- Defines project processes and procedures (the set of procedural practices that the project team puts in place for the
- Facilitates identification and agreement of major deliverables, scope (what's in and out), constraints, schedule (tasks,
dependencies, durations, resources), risks and risk management plans.
- Manages team(s), schedule, effort, capital and expenses, issues, risks, communication, decisions, action items, change
requests, and quarterly resources.
- Is knowledgeable of various software development lifecycles and their merits and weaknesses.
- Facilitates the identification of system requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of various software quality management best practices (such as purpose and nature of testing.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of competence. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive project knowledge and experience with a wide range of computer systems and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree, with additional training in Project Management, and a minimum of 3 years of broad project
management experience (including experience within a large, multi-unit corporate environment) preferred.
- Successful history of leading projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certificate desired (but not required.)
- An understanding of the salesforce.com products and administration (desired.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks is crucial.
- Effectual communicator; both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at the executive level.
- Must be very hands-on with solid attention to detail.
- This individual must possess the ability to develop rapport and inspire trust in staff members, both support staff and
ministry personnel; including the skills required to collaborate with teams to acquire information or resources.
Personal Characteristics and Beliefs:
- This person should have a reputation of honesty, integrity, gratitude and hospitality in all personal dealings.
- Publicly profess an allegiance to Christ, a love for Christ’s church, and a passion for its leaders.
- Affirm CRM’s statement of faith, values, vision and purpose.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume, including salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration