Bilingual Promotions Street Team Part Time/On Call Opening in Portland
KRYP 93.1 FM • El Rey La Autoridad de Musica Mexicana • www.931elrey.com
The primary job of the Bilingual Promotions Street Team member is to handle the coordination and execution of all KRYP promotional on-site appearances. This position is responsible for the execution of van hits, special events, and client execution of remotes.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Regular and timely attendance. Flexible schedule to work holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
• Daily communication with promotions manager and entire promotions team.
• Receives and respond to incoming telephone calls and e-mail promptly, responds to routine questions and requests as necessary.
• Professional demeanor required at all times on-street, with clients, and staff.
• Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street team.
• Create basic events recaps for remotes and events immediately after street hits.
• Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
• Pulls maps for locations.
• Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits, and prizing on-streets.
• Entertains a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
• To be creative with games and contests on-street to engage listeners to hits.
• Provide Account Executives with recap and pictures from every remote and event within 48 hours of event.
• Maintains vehicles stocked at all times with prize premiums and supplies.
• Inspects and keeps maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
• Maintain promotional equipment (canopy, PA’s, tool boxes, prize boxes, etc.).
• Brand on-air personalities and increase their presence on the streets through community events, non-profit organizations
• Brand and market the station.
• Takes inventory of prizes and supplies as needed.
• Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
• Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
• Persists and finishes projects under deadlines.
• Follows instructions as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes, and find solutions for proper handling.
Qualifications • Experience • Education:
• Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook software packages.
• Requires ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van- hits.
• Ability to operate and drive station vehicles required.
• Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
• Requires good verbal, written, organizational, interpersonal, and good judgment skills.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• College graduate desired, but not required.
• 1+ year in radio promotions experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements; desired, but not required.
• Experience in dealing with large crowds, and entertaining people.
Necessary Language Skills:• Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
Interested candidates should email their resume to: Dianey Ferrer, Promotions Director at Dianey@931elrey.com
Fax to: 503-786-1551
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employers.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sound Mixer/EditorTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- October 27
Board Operator- Miami, FLSalem Media Group
- Miami, Florida
- October 26
Operations Manager -Louisville, KYSalem Media Group
- Louisville, Kentucky
- October 25
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...