Current Promotions Part Time/On Call Opening in Portland
KRYP 93.1 FM • El Rey La Autoridad de Musica Mexicana • www.931elrey.com
The primary job of the Promotions Street Team
member is to handle the coordination and execution of all KRYP promotional on-site appearances. This position is responsible for the execution of van hits, special events, and client execution of remotes. Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Regular and timely attendance. Flexible schedule to work holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
· Daily communication with promotions manager and entire promotions team.
· Receives and respond to incoming telephone calls and e-mail promptly, responds to routine questions and requests as necessary.
· Professional demeanor required at all times on-street, with clients, and staff.
· Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street team.
· Create basic events recaps for remotes and events immediately after street hits.
· Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
· Pulls maps for locations.
· Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits, and prizing on-streets.
· Entertains a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
· To be creative with games and contests on-street to engage listeners to hits.
· Provide Account Executives with recap and pictures from every remote and event within 48 hours of event.
· Maintains vehicles stocked at all times with prize premiums and supplies.
· Inspects and keeps maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
· Maintain promotional equipment (canopy, PA’s, tool boxes, prize boxes, etc.).
· Brand on-air personalities and increase their presence on the streets through community events, non-profit organizations
· Brand and market the station.
· Takes inventory of prizes and supplies as needed.
· Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
· Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
· Persists and finishes projects under deadlines.
· Follows instructions as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes, and find solutions for proper handling. Qualifications • Experience • Education
· Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook software packages.
· Requires ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van- hits.
· Ability to operate and drive station vehicles required.
· Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
· Requires good verbal, written, organizational, interpersonal, and good judgment skills.
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· College graduate desired, but not required.
· 1+ year in radio promotions experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements; desired, but not required.
· Experience in dealing with large crowds, and entertaining people. Necessary Language Skills • Bilingual (English/Spanish required)
Interested candidates should email their resume to: Dianey Ferrer, Promotions Director at Dianey@931elrey.com or fax to 503-786-1551. Click here
for a printable application.
Salem Communications Radio Stations are Equal Opportunity Employers.