This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Advancement
Union Gospel Mission of Salem, Oregon
Salem, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 10/16/2011
Categories: Advertising/PR - Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Director of Advancement
MINISTRY DEPARTMENT: Development (300)
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Administrative Offices, 311 Commercial St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
Responsible for planning, developing and implementing a comprehensive fund raising and public relations/marketing strategy to support overall ministry objectives. Supervise volunteer department (D.O.V.E).
Essential Job Duties:
1.Provides overall spiritual and practical leadership supervision for all aspects of the Development Department including,
but not limited to:
• New Donor and Major Donor Development
• Direct Mail
Regular, seasonal and special cultivation of existing donors
? Seasonal acquisition of new donors
• Grant Writing
• Monthly Newsletter
• Public Relations / Media / Marketing & Advertising
• Special Fund Raising Events
2. Supervise D.O.V.E. (volunteer ) department
3. With the approval of the President/CEO responsible for hiring, training, disciplining and termination of staff.
4. Under the supervision of the President/CEO assist with budget preparation and maintaining operational expenses within
budget and expected income projections
5. Gathers, assembles and submits all necessary paperwork and reports necessary for month-end and other reporting
6. Attend various Mission functions and meetings as required
7. Maintain a positive, encouraging Christian work atmosphere by demonstrating and training staff in appropriate
Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards.
A. Committed – performs job with integrity – respects and honors others
B. Attentive – models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
C. Responsive – Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
D. Excellent – Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
8. Participate in community outreach, fellowship and continued Christian growth.
9. Assist with other duties as needed and as directed by the President/CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Excellent management, administrative organizational and interpersonal skills required.
2. Excellent written communication skills. Ability to speak in public relations role.
3. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and donor database software applications.
4. Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
5. Valid OR State Driver’s License and able to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes.
6. Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salem’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: BA/BS degree (preferably in Business or Marketing) or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years supervisory experience of at least 3 people.
Minimum 5 years experience in non-profit fund raising/development.