This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Direct Partner Relations
Bible League International
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/14/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1938, Bible League International (BLI) is an evangelical ministry that is called by God to provide Scriptures and training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into fellowship with Christ and His Church.
The Opportunity & Vision
The Director of Direct Partner Relations gives leadership to all mid and major gift fundraising activities. This individual is responsible for developing and executing strategic plans in order to expand and broaden the mid and major donor base of Bible League International. The Director will also maintain a small caseload of major donors.
This position will be located in Crete, IL.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of Bible League International's funding efforts through the Regional Field Directors (RFD’s) and Partner Relations Associates (PRA’s).
• Develop a formal strategy to help identify: a) key areas for placement of Regional Field Directors and the continual evaluation of regional field fundraising structure, territories and demographics; b) a reporting mechanism for field and headquarter staff; c) a training program for new and existing RFD’s; d) a minimum of 10% growth per year in revenue which will include working with appropriate Development staff in developing and strengthening Direct Partner Relations results.
• Provide leadership to and work with Event Coordinator and department leaders to plan and evaluate fundraising events.
• Take a leadership role in donor identification and research of tools and methodologies to grow income from the mid and major donor segments.
• To effectively represent Bible League International by articulating the mission in clear and uncluttered terms to selected major donors and prospects personally. (Usually carrying a revolving personal portfolio of 10 - 15 executive donors and premier prospects).
• Supervise RFD’s and the Partner Relations Manager.
• Develop and manage the Direct Partner Relations budget.
• Speak at public gatherings when the opportunity arises in order to promote Bible League.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the capacity to talk about his or her faith, and significant appreciation for and knowledge about the Bible. Must also subscribe to our corporate Statement of Faith.
• Experience in all major areas of fund raising with a specific minimum of 5 years of successful major gift fundraising. Demonstrated track record of cultivation, solicitation and closing of significant major gifts.
• Experience at a high level of organizational leadership including effective participation in leadership teams, facilitating team work, establishing work priorities, supervising management staff, establishing and managing planning processes, and creating and presenting reports.
• Must be able and willing to travel across the U.S. 50% of the time. 2-4 international trips will be required annually.
• Demonstrated ability to lead professional staff of fundraisers who achieve annual growth goals. Experience includes identifying best practices, coaching major gift fundraisers, and developing and motivating the team to higher levels of income.
• Must have a well-developed understanding of nonprofit fund raising and its rationale which can be clearly articulated.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Experienced public speaker.
• Must be a goal-oriented person. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and able to juggle multiple tasks.
• Commitment to teamwork and cooperative action.
BLI offers outstanding benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, matching 401(k), paid holidays and PTO.
To learn more about the ministry, please visit www.bibleleague.org.
Resume and cover letter may be sent to email@example.com.