This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Production Associate (Lighting and lateChurch)
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 10/03/2011
Categories: Church Staff
Job Type: Full-Time
Thank you for your interest in serving with Savannah Christian Church. If you are interested in applying for this position please go to our website at www.savannahchristian.com to complete the electronic application.
Production Associate (Lighting and latechurch)
Production Arts Ministry
Worship Arts Department
Reports To: Production Ministries Team Leader
Category of Employment: Support Staff, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively planning, overseeing, leading, directing, and developing the volunteer Production Team associated with worship lighting and latechurch. This position is responsible for all technical elements of latechurch worship services. This individual is the primary lighting technician for the Henderson services, and the lead technician for latechurch.
1. Experience: The preferred candidate will have professional experience in live event production. This will include proficiency in concert sound, lighting and video.
2. Education: A Bachelor’s degree in audio/video production or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must exhibit excellent skills in the areas of concert/theatre lighting and live sound engineering. Candidate must have the ability to work independently with efficiency, effectiveness and composure; must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and must be able to multitask and prioritize work assignments. Candidate must exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal relational skills. The ability to recruit, train and develop volunteers is an essential part of this position. Must possess a friendly attitude, a willingness to work collaboratively with others, and have a strong heart for service.
4. Physical Demands:
a. May be called upon for lifting, pulling, climbing, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
b. Operation of church vehicles.
5. Application Materials: Resume and list of references are required.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Must be an active, participating member of Savannah Christian Church or another Bible-believing church.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Supervise the volunteers on the lighting teams and provide training as needed.
• Oversee all aspects of recruiting, training, development, scheduling and planning for the production teams for worship lighting to include design and programming for church services, special events and production events at the Henderson Campus and latechurch.
• latechurch responsibilities are limited to eight hours per week, unless prior approval is granted from the Production Ministries Team Leader.
• Participate in evaluating, planning and gathering resources for ministry events “as needed”.
• Insure the proper care and maintenance of all lighting, sound, video and related equipment.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.