The Director of Operations and Information Technology will provide operations and technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the affiliate-wide information technology (IT) program. He/She will lead Family Talk in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations. Additionally, the Director:
• Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for Family Talk’s network.
• Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
• Directly Support the back office computer operations of the affiliate management information system, including local area networks and wide-area networks.
• Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
• Designs, implements, and evaluates the systems that support end users in the productive use of computer hardware and software.
• Develops and implements user-training programs.
• Manage and evaluates system security and back up procedures.
• Support all phone, computer, network, and third party vendors
• Be responsible for all reporting
• Be a “hands on” person supporting employees and ministry needs in operations and technology
• Provide Project Management to large ministry projects (Operations or IT)
Minimum of 7 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information systems and information technology, direct management of a major IT operation is preferred. Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment. The ideal candidate will also have:
• Fluent in personally supporting desktop, notebook, handheld, and server computer hardware.
• Able to personally run and maintain local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
• Familiarity with operating systems such as Mac, Unix, and Linux.
• Knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
• Familiarity with various computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, modems and other equipment.
• General knowledge of business processes and their interrelationship gained through three or more years of related experience.
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills, all geared toward coordination and education.
• Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
• Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative.
• Current drivers license and access to reliable transportation; ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience. Experience working in fast paced ministries is highly desirable.
Comprehensive knowledge of:
• Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the health care industry.
• Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems
• Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management
• Business process analysis and redesign
• Design, management, and operation of managed IT systems
Proven skills in:
• Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others
• Budget preparation and monitoring
• Planning and organizing
• Management and leadership, although vital to the role there is no staff reporting to this position so all responsibilities must be able to be personally done or by outsourced solutions within budget.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Relate to all levels of the user community
• Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
• Plan, implement and support systems in a complex environment
• Set and manage priorities
• Comprehend complex, technical subjects
• Translate technical language to lay audiences
• Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies
1. Manage the implementation of new affiliate-wide information systems, as needed.
2. Coordinates and controls all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for the affiliate. Provides advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluates systems to measure their success.
3. Reviews all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
4. Develops and maintains corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
5. Develops, when possible, master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
6. Develops and monitors the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
7. Maintains contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
8. Manages relationships with vendors and support of all information systems and technology. Maintains problem logs, documenting system errors or defects. Serves as the primary contact to software, hardware and network-related vendors, consultants, and partners.
9. Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
10. Responsible for planning, development, evaluation, coordination and management of the information and technology systems for the affiliate. This includes telephones, data imaging, practice management systems, and office automation.
11. Develops and enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the affiliate’s IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy if information entrusted to or maintained by the affiliate.
12. Oversees the linkage between external technology systems (e.g. Salem, vendors and other organizations) and the affiliate’s IT resources; including systems for electronic data exchange.
13. Recommend changes to software applications based on analysis of their impact to all users requirements.
14. Gather and analyze changing requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements.
15. Promotes and oversees relationships between Family Talk network’s IT resources and external entities.
16. Ensures that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA.
17. Develops and maintains the systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of the network information systems.
18. Coordinates and manages reporting needs and data analysis for the affiliate. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information required by management to make decisions occur in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
19. Manages the system that provides training and support to end users.
20. Ensures that data systems are capable of provision of all patient data and statistics as required by Federal, state and local agencies. Supports the development of patient reports as requested.
21. Develop and maintain system recovery plan in the event of power failure, damage to system, etc.
22. Facilitate correction of any system failures, contact point for computer problems.
23. Oversee the development, maintenance, and communication of systems documentation, policies, and procedures.
24. Runs and helps analysis financial reporting.
25. Development and maintenance of user documentation, including complete user manuals, FAQs and help files.
26. Communicates IS/IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
27. Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive user training program. Provide directly or arrange new user training and advanced training for existing users.
28. Update documentation and on-line help facilities.
29. Project Manage large projects such website re-designs, interfaces, emerging technology projects to support Marketing and Communications.
30. Manages day-to-day operations of third party vendors and monthly communication projects (Direct Mail, Call Center, Correspondence, Email Platform, ect.)
31. Perform other duties as assigned by CEO, Chief of Staff, or Marketing Director.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Family Talk Mission Statement
"To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture."More...