This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 09/19/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Purpose: Enhances executive's effectiveness by providing information management support and representing the executive to others.
• Assists and relieves executive of a variety of complex administrative duties; utilizes independent judgment, determining when to act for executive and when to refer problems for personal attention.
• Screens incoming mail, both internal and external; answers or refers to managers for appropriate distribution of correspondence not requiring executive's personal handling; alerts executive of mail which requires immediate action.
• Compiles and analyzes requested information; drafts replies and/or transcribes correspondence for signature.
• Places, receives and refers telephone calls to appropriate personnel; responds to highly diversified inquiries from management, employees, constituents and the general public; regularly interfaces with other agencies outside the ministry to exchange information, answer inquiries, act on problems and secure cooperation or approval on action to be taken; follows up to ensure that response has been adequate.
• Maintains executive's calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
• Extends world-class hospitality to everyone, in person, via correspondence or on the telephone.
• Checks, prepares, corrects and/or summarizes reports, records and correspondence.
• Operates and inputs data into computer terminals, utilizing existing software; performs computer inquiries and generates computer reports.
• Secures information by completing database back-ups.
• Operates independently in absence of executive; assists and advises executive on problems; sorts correspondence, mail and matters by order of priority for immediate action or upon executive's return.
• Serves as liaison between executive and others; follows up to ensure a timely response to projects and assignments.
• Assistance at off site events. Position requires some travel on weekends or weekdays.
• Displays the ability to safeguard the ministry's integrity when handling confidential information.
• Performs other duties as assigned, which may include duties of lower level job grades.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
• Office environment; involves sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dynamic work environment that can stressful.
• Extended work hours on occasion.
Character/Spiritual: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ- like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Family Talk; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Family Talk in prayer; demonstrates behaviors aligned with Family Talk core values.
Knowledge/Experience: Specialized training/education equivalent to three years of college; 5 years minimum of directly related experience.
Skills, Abilities and Special Talents/Gifts:
-Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written), especially when directing other personnel; frequently interfaces with individuals in executive positions; complete discretion, courtesy and tact required when dealing with individuals on telephone or in person.
-Ability to establish and maintain rapport with various levels of staff across the ministry.
-Ability to respond appropriately to employees, constituency and executive management, especially during high-pressure situations. -Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to adjust priorities accordingly.
-Good mathematical and analytical skills to develop and monitor systems.
-Good leadership capabilities to coordinate administrative workflow.
-Type 75 wpm.
-Proficient in the use of computer hardware and software.
-Shorthand or equivalent transcription ability.