Reporting to the Family Talk Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Finance and Accounting will be expected to perform the following duties:
• Provide leadership and oversee all financial matters of the organization, including the development and implementation of financial planning, structure, and policies.
• Responsible for developing continuous forecast budgeting and scenario decision support analysis, general accounting, cash management, auditing, Form 990 tax reporting, and risk control.
• Prepare and present monthly financial reports and activity analysis including cash forecasting and a narrative report to management, Board, and outside partners/donors.
• Insure that the organization’s accounting, purchasing, cash management, reporting, and other financial management functions are in compliance with Federal, State, and other self-regulating organizations such as Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability and National Religious Broadcasters Association.
• Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
• Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firm, and review firm’s performance. Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Implement agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
• Develop, implement, and maintain accounting and administrative policies and • Procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations, and other corporate policies.
• Provide technical accounting, GAAP guidance, and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
• Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
• Ensure that organization financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with ministry policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
• Ensure that financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives and US GAAP reporting requirements.
• Supervise the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including sales, use, and payroll), insurance reports, and other reports required by government regulation.
• Ensure that the computer system continues to operate as required, validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
• Ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
Key Skills Needed:
• A minimum of seven years of non-profit financial management experience.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures including GAAP.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a fast paced start-up environment.
• Commitment to providing high quality detailed service to internal and external constituents.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Technologically savvy; strong knowledge of spreadsheet, accounting, web-based database systems. Experience and understanding of QuickBooks software.
Key Characteristics and Qualifications:
• Incumbent must believe in core values of Family Talk and the ministry of Dr. James Dobson and be driven by its mission. The incumbent should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to promote innovation.
• CPA, MBA or other related advanced certification preferred; Undergraduate degree in a related field is required.
• Strong work ethic, integrity, maturity and good judgment, an ability and willingness to multitask, good sense of humor and excellent proficiency in a technological environment.
• Ability to think strategically, anticipates future consequences and trends, and incorporates them into an actionable budgeting process.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
Family Talk Mission Statement
"To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture."More...