This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Manager, WASH, Niger (939)
Niamey, ., Niger
Date Posted: 09/16/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Niamey, Niger - The Program Manager, WASH is responsible to manage and coordinate all Samaritan’s Purse water and sanitation activities. This includes supervising and reporting current programs as well as developing new programming opportunities.
• Oversee all water and sanitation supervisors and their activities.
• Manage finances for WASH programs and provide regular financial reports to donors and the country accountant.
• Provide monthly reports to the Country Director on the progress of all WASH programs.
• Make periodic visits to Samaritan’s Purse field sites to provide field staff support, address programmatic challenges, and explore potential WASH program opportunities.
• Write WASH proposals and projects budgets, monitor effectiveness and financial expenditures, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
• Coordinate with other NGOs, IOs, and government ministries that are active in the WASH sector.
• Expand WASH activities geographically over time to cover all areas of Samaritan’s Purse intervention in Niger.
• Look for opportunities to incorporate ministry into WASH programs.
• Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
• Fluency in French and English in both written and verbal communication.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
• Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment with flexibility and adaptability
• Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
• Spiritual maturity; ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Financial management experience preferred.
• Proven management and leadership experience.
Length of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
Target date to the field: October 2011