This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Public Affairs Officer - Marketing & Communications
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 09/16/2011
Categories: Advertising/PR - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
The Warm Blankets Orphan Care Mission:
Restore the childhoods of orphans and lost children left alone and helpless by war, tragedy, and disease in poverty stricken countries, disaster areas, war zones and refugee camps throughout Asia and Africa.
We are a not-for-profit orphan rescue organization seeking a creative, self-starter with advertising experience who can work to develop campaigns using a variety of platforms under a deadline.
Your design knowledge will be needed to incorporate the organization’s mission into a tangible marketing and web presence. A background in graphics and marketing for web & print will be crucial for our brand development.
Our marketing presence is vital to promote our fundraising efforts and provide awareness of the world’s current orphan crisis; your work towards creating an engaging, user-friendly site will help improve the lives of children across the globe.
Warm Blankets Orphan Care in Rolling Meadows, is a 12-year-old orphan rescue mission with outposts and rescue centers in 11 war-torn and under resourced countries. Please visit www.warmblankets.org before applying to make sure that our mission fits with your calling!
IS THIS YOU:
- Creative, technologically savvy, team-oriented, passionate about helping others, a person of character, willing to stand for people who have no one to help them.
- Your education or extensive experience should include some college in Graphic Design, Marketing or Advertising.
- You should have 2 years experience with website planning, SEO and implementation Intermediate skill with HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, CS4.
- Ability to create and maintain a web site.
- A believer and user of researched "usability" principles - practices.
We also value:
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Working Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and web log analytics programs
- Ability to work closely and pleasantly with non-technical communications colleagues
These things are a plus:
PHP, SQL, Shopping Cart SW,
Send your cover letter and resume via email. No phone calls, please.
5105 Tollview #155
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Contact: kathleen isacson - firstname.lastname@example.org