This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Date Posted: 09/14/2011
Categories: Campus Pastor - Church Staff
Job Type: Full-Time
* Oversee, recruit, equip, and empower deacons, staff and volunteers to train ChangePoint’s male Christ-followers to enjoy God together, be transformed together, and demonstrate the heart of Jesus Christ together.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Shepherds staff and deacons (primarily) and church body.
* Functions collaboratively with the Department Leader Team and various deacons.
* Participates as a “player-coach” and facilitator of the Men’s Ministry deacons as they plan and execute ministry.
* Coaches lay ministers to implement the vision, mission, values, core practices, and guiding principles throughout the
Men’s Ministry department.
* Participates as a team member in the recruitment and development of volunteers to assist in the execution of ministry plans.
* Carries out direction from the lead pastor.
* Provides insights and written plans to the Lead Pastor and elders regarding Men’s Ministry’s direction and strategy.
* Communicates vision and direction from Executive Leadership Team to deacons, volunteers, and staff.
* Monitors department deacons, staff and volunteers for accomplishment of mission, objectives, and annual goals.
* Oversees Men’s departments’ short term and long term plans for staff development, deacon development, volunteer
development, teamwork, communication, etc.
* Oversees financial stewardship for the Men’s Ministry Department.
* Facilitates department meetings and functions as needed.
* Facilitates Men’s Ministry departments’ annual ministry planning and budgeting process.
* Facilitates Men’s Ministry departments’ annual ministry assessment and staff review processes.
* Teaches and offers courses, conferences and seminars aimed at equipping men for various ministries.
* Oversees transferable, simple discipleship throughout Men’s Ministry department.
* Meets the biblical qualifications of a deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3.
* Must maintain at least one specific, authentic, same-sex, personal discipleship relationship.
* Able to identify and recruit qualified staff, deacons, lay leaders and volunteers.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook/Exchange.
* Proficient in the use of web-based social media and video communication venues.
* Capable and willing to do all of the administrative tasks associated with the Men’s Ministry Department as needed.
* Capable of planning and executing large events.
* Capable of increasing and/or flexing work hours to meet seasonal surge demands as needed.
* Skilled in written and spoken communication.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in ministry, paid or unpaid.