This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 09/13/2011
Categories: Accounting - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
ABWE North America, a nonprofit Global missions organization headquartered in Harrisburg, PA has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant. This position supports the general operations of the Corporate Finance department by performing accounting support services, including journal entries, payroll, reporting and expense reimbursements, and home office budget reports.
* Status reports - Monthly account reconciliations for staff funds
* Journal entries
* Process team and corporate expense reimbursements, including auditing expense reports, communicating with staff regarding their expense reports, and verifying coding for payment processing.
* Assist with month-end close process
* Back up for Payroll Coordinator and Accounts Payable Clerk
* Setting up new accounts and funds
*Run monthly home office budget reports for income and expense
*Review account s for significant budget variances
*Process monthly dental and vision invoice for United healthcare and update new applications
*Review annually and assist Chief Accounting Officer with benefits for home office staff
* Maintains accounting document files
* Assists accounting personnel as requested
*Process workers compensation claim reports
*Provide Pa. sales tax certificates for approved purchases
*Provide Federal FEIN # to churches and vendors upon request
*Produce accounting reports for annual audit ors
*Assist Chief Accounting Officer to review home office general insurance coverage
* 2 years of accounting experience preferred
* Sound knowledge of accounting principles
* Experience with JD Edwards or Great Plains Accounting systems preferred
* Experience with donor software or donor supported accounting processes
* Proficiency in Excel
* Proficiency in 10-key
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail and accurate
* Good organizational skills
* Cooperative and willing to assist others
* Demonstrates high ethical and moral behaviors with unquestionable integrity.
* Strong evidence of a growing, vibrant spiritual life and active membership in a local church consistent with ABWE doctrine & practice
* Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of ABWE
* A believer and follower of Jesus Christ
* Minimum BA, BSBA or AA degree in business or accounting preferred.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org