This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Coordinator, WASH
Port Au Prince, , Haiti
Date Posted: 09/06/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
The WASH Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating WASH interventions for SP in Haiti; as well as liaises with the appropriate government bodies to identify community water needs. Responsibilities will include supervising the implementation of water projects as directed by the WASH Program Manager.
• Liaise with appropriate government bodies to identify communities with need for permanent latrines and potable water
• Coordinate the implementation of the water interventions
• Lead and mentor national staff employed to implement WASH activities
• Liaise with other NGOs and UN bodies operating in the area to avoid duplication of efforts
• Present timely reports to the WASH Program Manager on weekly basis
• Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ, in words and actions
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field desire; 2 to 3 years’ of relevant experience in developing countries; related work experience in disaster context.
• French/Creole language skills preferred but not required
• Conflict resolution background strongly encouraged
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Above average communication skills – English verbal and written
• Networking and team building skills will be required
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
• Proven management and leadership experience.
• Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
Length of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
Target date to the field: September 2011
Position is unaccompanied