This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Manager, Safety and Security
Port Au Prince, *, Haiti
Date Posted: 09/06/2011
Categories: Law Enforcement/Security - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
The Program Manager, Safety and Security is based in Haiti with responsibilities that include but are not limited to the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all issues relating to staff security and safety.
• Possess interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of SP personnel. These include but are not limited to local village leaders, police, military, other NGOs, UN and government leaders.
• Implementation and monitoring of the security and safety plan, including reporting to the Boone office on a regular basis. Compilation and analysis of field office security incidents would comprise the majority of the report, with personal assessment and evaluation of compliance with the policies at the field level.
• Develop and maintain a safety/security checklist for site to ensure adherence to protocols. This includes but is not limited to: driver’s checklists for preventive maintenance of vehicles, convoy procedures, site safety and security, reporting procedures for field operations, security briefing for pre and post mission, evacuation plans and incident reporting.
• Maintenance of the Security Protocols/ Manual.
• Maintain record of incidents to develop good picture of history and present safety/security profile.
• Keep the Country Director and Field Security and Safety Officer informed of security status, information, needs, and concerns. Supply a monthly summary report on field activities through the CD to the Field Security and Safety officer.
• Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the Country Director informed of events, including crisis response options.
• Maintain awareness of legal and cultural requirements and ensure reasonable compliance of Samaritan’s Purse with the same.
• Previous Security experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• French/Creole language skills preferred, but not required.
• Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
• Possess ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations
Length of contract: 12 months
Open until filled
Target date to the field: September 2011