This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Facilities and Property Management
Park Cities Presbyterian Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/05/2011
Categories: Contractor & Other Trades - Maintenance
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Facilities & Property Management
Program PCPC Mission
To extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Leads and influences staff and/or lay people. Strategic and tactical decision maker with multiple operational/ministry influence or ministry services influence. Aligns ministry goals with church vision and direction. Responsible for administration of operational/ministry area or oversight of multifaceted specialty areas. Accountable for ministry or specialty areas results/outcomes. Often serves as intermediary between ministry leaders and lay leaders. Provides staff and/or volunteer leadership and accountability for a specific operational or ministry area. Expert in field of responsibility. Evokes followership.
Purpose of Job
Provide oversight of church facilities, which includes interfacing with staff throughout the church on multi-faceted operational matters regarding all church-owned property. Provide managerial and planning expertise for church-owned property. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
Abide in Christ - Dependent abiding relationship expressed through PCPC’s Five Identity Statements. Pray for PCPC’s staff, members, ministry, and community.
25% Direct Building and Facilities Planning, Projects and Maintenance
- Establish and oversee master plan for facilities projects Coordinate, program and maintain property maintenance plans.
- Directly supervise work flow, quality, and quantity of work of maintenance/janitorial staff.
20% Oversee Vendors/Contractor Leadership
- Hire and oversee approximately 40 vendor/contractor relationships including work flow, quality and quantity of work for Building and Grounds Mechanical Systems, Maintenance, Janitorial, and Renovations and Events, AV, Security.
- Continually review contracts and the work of vendor/contractors.
20% Supervise AV and EMS/Event Setup staff and functions
- Direct EMS/Event Manager and staff in setting goals and implementing full cycle of room and event set up Direct AV Manager (and AV Specialist) in setting goals and AV support.
- Ensure proactive consultation on planning of Events and AV with staff, members or vendors.
10% Lay and Staff Leadership
- Under direction of the Executive Director, lead staff and ministry team, align vision, build structure and facilitate work requirements and outcomes.
- Hire, prioritize goals, develop/mentor, conduct appraisals, recommend compensation staffOversee quality, quantity, timeliness of work, including people, processes, equipment.
5% Integration with broader organizational departments or ministries
- Facilities and Property Management vision aligned with PCPC’s overall vision.
- Leverage individual work effort to enhance church-wide ministry outcomes and team accomplishments.
15% General Director Duties
- Serve on various committees as requested (Facilities, Food Services, Safety and Security, Technology).
- Assist with the coordination of all studies or implementation of approved projects including parking, staff office requirements, ministry meeting space, long-range plans, feasibility, architectural design, facilities, equipment, renovation, city zoning and permit issues, etc..
- As needed, support efforts to negotiate leases and sales including tracking existing leases and wholly owned properties.
- As needed, obtain and oversee contracts for rental properties for staff offices.
5% Financial Impact
- Facilities and Property Management budget goals and outcomes aligned with PCPC’s vision.
- Exercise good stewardship by creating, managing and achieving budget goals within budgetary frameworks for Property
- Management Admin accounts. Approve routine expenditures.
- Oversee and approve the routine purchase of furniture, equipment and supplies.
Education and Experienced Required
- College degree preferred. Six years experience in property/facilities management or construction staff or equivalent preferred.
- Lead strategic planning and tactical execution for operations
- Big picture and alignment with church ministry goals required
- Clear accountability for staff and many deliverables
- Ministry/department team integration required for effectiveness
- Rapport building required with staff leaders, staff, lay leaders and specific committee alignment
- Normal office and church environment
- Non-standard work days and hours
- Highly relational and people intensive