This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/17/2011
Categories: Administrative - Transportation
Job Type: Full-Time
High Point Travel and 963 Missions is a full service travel agency that primarily helps churches and missions organizations with their travel needs. We have been in business for 25 years and thrive on taking the difficult pieces of travel off of our clients. We have served over half a million people since our inception. For more information HighPoint963.com
Air Coordinator Job Profile and Description
The job of the Air Coordinator is to provide all kinds of assistance and guidance to the clients and sales team regarding all aspects of air travel-related information. The air coordinator works in conjunction with our sales team and multiple vendors to manage the entire process of missionary trips by treating each trip as a unique and defined project. This process includes, but is not limited to receiving, processing and sending quotes, arranging for the booking of tickets, issuing tickets, tracking payments of clients and due dates for vendors, managing deadlines and preparing final travel documents for the client. The air coordinator is also encouraged to build relationships with our vendors. This is a highly administrative job.
Education and Qualifications
• 2 years of ticketing knowledge and experience in a GDS system
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting and advising clients on travel information and helping them select the best travel plan and schedule for their needs.
• Answering phone calls/emails from the clients inquiring on the travel information.
• Work with our vendors to book tickets for the clients.
• Collecting payments and other transactions from the clients and maintaining the records pertaining to their traveling.
• Helping to secure needed information pertinent to travel so that travel documents can be correctly issued.
• Issuing tickets for your groups in a quick, but error free manor.
• Problem solve when difficult circumstances arise in order to serve the client and minimize losses
• Learning the SABRE – GDS system that will allow you to book and issue tickets.
Skills and Specifications
• A mindset that wants to help others.
• High multitasking skills
• Good organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Willing to take ownership and lead the process from beginning to end.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Able to handle multiple personalities and expectations.
• Flexible to operate under pressure.
• Proficient on a MAC Computer
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
• Proactive and willing to take initiative
• Able to prioritize tasks well
• Pays high attention to detail
• Willing to learn
• Experience as a participant on a church trip or mission trip is very important.
Please send your resume to email@example.com