This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Communications
Alford Group Executive Search
Syracuse, New York, United States
Date Posted: 08/11/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
The Salvation Army-- Director of Communications
The Director of Communications will play a central role in the success of the Empire State Division’s fund development and outreach efforts, specifically by providing support and resources to all operating units. This position is responsible for creating, implementing, and providing oversight for all aspects of the Empire State Division's multimedia communications strategy, including an internal and external communications plan, public and media relations, print publications, electronic communications strategies (internal and external), and web-based marketing. The goal is to increase financial support and broaden volunteerism for The Salvation Army: Empire State Division through target audience identification, message development and overall branding strategy. The Director of Communications role is within the Development Department and will be based in Syracuse.
The Qualified Candidate:
The Salvation Army Empire State Division seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial and professional leader with a minimum of five years of experience public relations, communications and/or marketing within the nonprofit sector. Preference is given to those who have served in a multi-chapter and/or faith-based organization and possess a working knowledge of the philanthropic communities throughout New York State. It is imperative that this individual fully embrace the mission of The Salvation Army. The Director will be creative, energetic and an organized self-starter with the ability to focus knowledge and resources to dramatically increase the local community's knowledge of The Salvation Army's programs and mission.
Other qualifications include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree with relevant advanced training or degree desired; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Career track record that shows stability with an organization and a demonstrated ability to develop, nurture and build relationships with diverse individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
• A high level of comfort with interaction with media professionals and personal presence to serve as the face of The Army when needed.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply accepted editing principles and guidelines, print, online, and other marketing practices, and print and design industries/procedures.
• Willingness to travel regularly; valid driver’s license.
• A strong commitment to know and understand The Army’s history, mission, and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
• Excellent computer skills, including comfort with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point); basic abilities in Quark as well as Adobe products (e.g., Reader, Illustrator, Photoshop). Preferred skills with Lotus Notes (the Salvation Army product)
The Salvation Army offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, CFRE, President and COO, Alford Group Executive Search. Interested candidates should apply online at http://ag-es.kintera.org/applicant.
Only questions may be addressed to Kelly Clarke, Search Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be accepted via email. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.