KLUP and KSLR Radio are San Antonio’s Conservative News Talk and Christian Talk and Teaching radio stations. We are owned by Salem Communications and air programs such as “Focus on the Family” with Dr. James Dobson and the Mike Gallagher show.
Advertising Sales Representative/ Radio Advertising Account Rep
We are seeking a self-motivated and creative Advertising Sales Representative to sustain our continued growth through advertisement sales to locally owned area businesses. As an Advertising Sales Representative with KLUP and KSLR Radio, you will use your sales prospecting and closing skills to present radio advertising and marketing plans to businesses. Selling advertising for a radio station isn't like selling copiers or cell phones. There's a lot more creativity that goes into marketing a station and the radio "product". You won't simply by selling "air". In this position, you'll be helping create the commercial message that fills that airtime. You'll also learn to schedule the commercials effectively, help in the creation of their content, and work with your customers to develop their entire marketing plan.
A radio account executive helps turn an intangible product or service into a unique marketing campaign by using his or her own creativity and partnering with the client.
If you are focused, disciplined and have the ability to establish and exceed expectations, you are an outstanding candidate for this career opportunity and we want to meet you!
• Maintaining assigned account bases while developing new accounts
• Explaining to customers how advertising with us will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
• Providing clients with estimates of the costs of our advertising services
As an Advertising Sales Representative with KLUP and KSLR Radio, you will locate and contact potential customer to offer advertising services and process all correspondence and paperwork related to your accounts.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Preparing and delivering sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising
• Preparing promotional plans, sales literature, media kits and sales contracts• Cold-calling, networking and using other prospecting techniques to hit advertising sales goals
As an Advertising Sales Representative with KLUP and KSLR Radio, you must be a high energy problem-solver with a proven record of business to business sales success. You must be focused, disciplined and possess strong sales closing skills. Additionally, you must understand that your income in this commission-based position will directly correlate to your prospecting and closing skills.
Additional requirements include:
• Associate’s degree or higher
• Minimum 4 years sales experience
At KLUP and KSLR Radio, we know that our employees work hard, so we offer a generous commission and bonus-based compensation package as well as generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, STD insurance, 401k with employer match, paid holidays and vacation.
KLUP and KSLR Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.