This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sr. Accountant II
Provision Ministry Group
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/04/2011
Job Type: Full-Time
Provision is a growing, dynamic Christian organization with an exciting mission and purpose. Our growing family of Christian non-profit companies is based in the heart of the Irvine business district, providing a creative working environment, serving churches nationwide with an emphasis on finance, church planting and architecture and design. We offer competitive pay and benefits, including a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
• Responsible for general accounting and reporting activities for Provision Ministry Group and certain assigned subsidiaries. Such activities include statement of financial position and statement of activity account reconciliations, account analysis and ensuring the integrity of data reflected in the corporate financial systems.
• Assists in consolidating and preparing consolidated financial statements for Provision Ministry Group and its subsidiaries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Responsible for meeting month-end, quarter-end and year-end close and audit deadlines for Provision Ministry Group and its subsidiaries.
• Responsible for managing the budget process for Provision Ministry Group.
• Assists the Sr. Accountant Lead and Corporate Controller in providing the organization and management with necessary financial and operating information.
• Assists the Sr. Accountant Lead and Corporate Controller in research for various tax regulation and GAAP accounting issues to ensure compliance.
• Assists Corporate Controller in establishing, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing various financial and accounting policies for the company.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• A living, vital faith in Jesus Christ
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
• Minimum 2 years experience in accounting with increasing responsibilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency using Word, Excel and on-line accounting information systems
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Detail-focused and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
• Action and team oriented
• CPA, CPA candidate or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in financial reporting, audit, and non-profit and/or banking industry
Provision Ministry Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. As a Christian faith-based religious organization, Provision can and does discriminate on the basis of religious beliefs and practices. All employees are required to sign a Statement of Faith as a condition of employment. To learn more about Provision and its ministries, log on to www.provision.org.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO CAREERS@PROVISION.ORG. Due to the high volume of applicants, no phone calls, please. Local candidates only.